Are you looking for a career in software support, installation and configuration?
Do you want to join a growing company, where you will have opportunities to develop your career and knowledge?
Our client is a Cardiff based company that helps protect organisations from document fraud. They aim to create a safer business environment for their customers and reduce the risk of fraudulent attack. Their key markets include the legal, financial and education sectors.
About the role:
- Due to market growth, they are looking for technically competent, customer focused support and installation engineers to join their technical team. You will be responsible for the support of live installations, as well as (over time) installation and configuration of customer systems.
- For live systems, you will ensure that full details of support issues are captured and work with both the customer and their technical team to provide a resolution. You’ll also be responsible for identifying and raising product defects where these arise out of support issues raised. As such, you will undertake an essential role in improving product quality.
- Working alongside their project team, you will be responsible for the configuration and installation of customer systems in line with their business requirements.
- You will be required to manage your time, to determine and stick to time-scales and service level agreements, follow works procedures to capture all relevant information and provide high quality customer service.
- This is a directly customer facing role so you will have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ideally, you will have experience working in a support environment and any experience of SQL Server, IIS and Windows Server would be advantageous.
But more importantly, as their applications are developed in-house, they are looking for individuals with great customer communication, strong problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently.
Ideally, your capabilities will be demonstrated through previous work experience; the role would be particularly suited to an individual who has experience of 1st line support within an IT environment who is ready to progress into an application support position. However, they are willing to accept applications from newly qualified individuals with relevant degrees or qualifications who can show the requisite drive, desire and willingness to learn.
In return they will offer:
- A competitive salary – up to £22,000 per annum
- Performance related bonus
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Excellent work environment
- A genuine opportunity to grow with the business
Please apply using the links provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.