We are searching for a professional PHP Developer to join our Development team on an immediate basis. As a PHP Developer, you will be working under our Senior PHP Developer and a team of full-stack developers to build outstanding web applications; both client-side as well as server-side applications.
You will be responsible for all the aspects of the ongoing software development process right from the basic specification, through to the development, testing and launch phase.
We are looking for a candidate who is committed to the craft, writes code and can hit the ground running. If you think web programming is your forte and development in PHP is your passion, we would like to meet you.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Liaise with developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features
- Follow emerging technologies
- At least 3+ years commercial experience using PHP.
- Exceptional knowledge of object-oriented design and related concepts.
- Experience using MVC frameworks – Laravel, Symfony, Zend (ideally Zend)
- You will have worked with cloud computing (ideally AWS)
- Ideally you will have worked with things like Git, Grunt, Gulp and Webpack.
- Integrating with 3rd parties via APIs
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A relentless drive for efficiency, performance and speed throughout all your work
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Familiarity with Linux shell
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.