Charles Taylor is a leading provider of professional services to the global insurance industry. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
We are seeking a Business Analyst with extensive experience in business process analysis to join our dynamic team and provide support to the wider Charles Taylor (CT) business in becoming more operationally efficient and effective and to achieve best practice. This role will act as a driver for change (i.e. identifying change opportunities, proposing solutions and supporting the business in their implementation) across the CT Group.
- Interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand problems and needs
- Gather, document and analyse business needs and requirements
- Work with the business to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes
- Drive change by proactively proposing solutions to business problems
- Documents the functional business requirements of any IT system
- Interact with system architects and developers to ensure the system is properly implemented
- Help test the system and create system documentation and user manuals
- Manage workload to ensure delivery to agreed business timetable / project targets
- Report on an agreed regular basis on issues and progress status
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
- Strong experience within Business Analysis, including process analysis, mapping and design.
- Experience of working with end users to develop detailed business requirements.
- Experience of insurance operations.
- Translation of requirements in to detailed specifications of business process changes, system enhancements and reporting requirements.
- Working with end users to develop business process maps with emphasis on comprehending and challenging complex processes to improve them.
- Provision of training
- Running user workshops
- Advanced skills in MS Office, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- A passion for technology and problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- A desire to deliver continued excellence and to push boundaries
- Strong business acumen
- An interest in, and understanding of, project management techniques and computing systems
- Strong experience within Business Analysis, including process analysis, mapping and design
- Experience of working with end users to develop detailed business requirements
- Experience of insurance operations especially claims
- Translation of requirements in to detailed specifications of business process changes, system enhancements and reporting requirements
- Working with end users to develop business process maps with emphasis on comprehending and challenging complex processes in order to improve them
- Provision of training
- Running user workshops
- Advanced skills in MS Office, in particular, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of projects relating to system rollouts/upgrades and enhancements
- Experience of working with IT to ensure system changes are as per the user requirements
- Project support or management
- Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor, we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.