Amey Consulting, exceeding expectations
At Amey Consulting we deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners; giving you the unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you deliver your best. We’re proud of what we do, because we’re all given the freedom to perform - it’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
As a Developer [ML1] at Amey Consulting no two days are the same. You’ll work with the biggest infrastructure organisations, liaising directly with clients on a wide range of different projects. You’ll use your focused thinking alongside the latest technology to find smarter answers to complex challenges. You’ll be given every chance to build your career how you want, with like-minded team players. And you’ll be in an environment where worklife balance is not just talked about, but achieved.
Are you a Developer passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you driven by data, systems and change management to support clients to make better decisions through applying digital intelligence? Do you want to work on high profile projects with clients such as, Network Rail, Highways England and Heathrow Airport?
Amey Strategic Consulting are a leading consultancy in the use of data and software to improve our client’s operations with our amazing, collaborative team working across UK&I.
The Information Services & Platforms team is recruiting for a Developer to contribute to one of our data centred platforms:
- We provide real-time train network performance insights to operational teams within Network Rail; enabling station staff to identify underperformance across the railway network.
- We provide real-time, data driven insights on some of the UK’s most iconic structures through our infrastructure monitoring platforms; enabling operational teams to safely manage these structures in a more cost-effective way.
- We provide platforms that enable inspection of critical national infrastructure –iconic, complex and geographically dispersed; this ensures that these assets are properly maintained and safe for the public that use them on a daily basis.
In a typical week you will:
- Use technology to solve problems in the public sector by developing data centred software solutions using Python.
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team to identify and deliver improvements to critical national infrastructure.
We want to hear from you if:
- You have familiarity using Python, JS, C/C++, Go or other modern languages
- You are interested in the practical and theoretical elements of solving data engineering or data science problems
- You have a willingness to learn about modern DevOps practises
- You can communicate technical information to a technical and non-technical audience
- You are keen to participate in fast-paced technical projects as part of an agile team
- You have experience or an interest in building solutions on public cloud platforms (Azure or AWS)
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think smarter. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- We offer a competitive salary tied to a structured talent development framework
- Flexible working
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.