Cobham Limited are currently looking to recruit 2 Cyber Security Analysts
One position will be aligned to Carbon Black and the other position will be aligned to LogRhythm.
The role involves working to secure various computer networks that are critical to Cobham and its associated businesses.
To carry out this role you will employ cybersecurity best practices, use a variety of tools to monitor the security of our networks, and conduct security analysis on suspicious events.
The goal is to protect our information systems and information, including sensitive or protectively marked data.
You will also support compliance based activities with information security protocols.
Our ideal candidate can identify potential threats and perform mitigation to control any risk and damage. It’s a plus if you have experience teaching employees about cybersecurity best practices.
This role is based out of our new Bournemouth office in Dorset but we are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required, this is likely to be 1 day per month in the office.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Be in possession of an analytical mind set.
- Experience in a cybersecurity and Security Operations Centre (SOC) operations
- Proficient knowledge of various security tool and cyber security tools
- Must have experience of Carbon Black or LogRhythm
- Proficient knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)- (Carbon Black or LogRhythm in particular)
- Experience in Cyber threat intelligence
- Keen understanding of cybersecurity threats and hacking methods
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Ideally have SC Clearance or be able to obtain it once in post as it may become a requirement
As a Cyber Security Analyst, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Keep up-to-date with emerging threats and threat actors and their potential impact on the business.
- Monitor and secure a network of computers, including all hardware and software components
- Utilise a variety of security tools to conduct threat identification activities
- Help prevent and deal with security breaches by performing risk and remediation assessments
- Ensure all employee devices are secure
Liaise with other departments within the IT security team and internal customers
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.