Position Title: IT Support Analyst
Location: Initially Working From Home, then office-based in Greenham
The position of IT Support Analyst will form part of a team of Analysts, who provide the front-line customer interface to one of our largest customers.
You will be the first point of contact for all IT incidents and service requests for around 3000 users across 14 locations. You will be required to log, categorise, prioritise and maintain ownership of end user reported issues through to resolution or escalation.
The successful applicant will work with professionalism, providing excellent customer service at all times and with focus on making all End User contacts a positive experience.
- Maintain a customer-focused service throughout the lifecycle of each ticket; manage end user expectations by providing regular updates on progress.
- Log, categorise, triage and troubleshoot incidents by providing first contact telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical incidents such as hardware, software, application and network, with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible as a first contact fix
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets and acting as a central point of contact for communication and updates.
- Administration of various IT systems, including account creations, changes/updates etc.
- Assign email incidents and service requests to other analysts, monitoring workloads to ensure the quickest response may be achieved.
- To maintain a professional discipline within the team and the department. Work within the IT Operating Model, following defined IT processes and procedures
- Meet and exceed, as required, the agreed Service Levels in accordance with all IT Service Management processes (Incident, Problem, Availability, Capacity, IT Service Continuity)
- Any other duties required from time to time as requested by your line Manager or the Board
- Incident, Problem, Request and Event Management using Esteem’s Service Management platform, ensuring at all times that your calls contain timely and comprehensive updates
- Respond to alerts received from the pro-active monitoring program(s) following process to resolve or reduce any customer impact
- Perform functional escalation vendor and management escalation of customer issues in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Proactive management of customer systems, enabling incident management and system performance to be maintained in accordance with defined SLAs.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- ITIL® V3 or 4 Foundation Certification or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in an IT support role
- Supporting Windows 7 / 10 desktops/laptops and thin clients
- Knowledge of Citrix
- Microsoft Active Directory management
- Scripting Languages - PowerShell, VBS
- Symantec Enterprise Vault and/or MessageLabs
- MobileIron or other similar mobile device management software
- Websense or other similar web filtering software
- Microsoft SCCM Remote Management
- Cisco IP Telephony (Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), CUCM, Corebridge)
- Interest and wiliness to learn all aspects of IT support
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under general direction, exercising substantial personal responsibility and autonomy
- Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude towards service delivery excellence
Hours of work:
37.5 hrs per week between 07:00-00:00 (Monday – Friday)
Typical shifts include: 07:00-15:30, 08:00-16:30, 09:00-17:30, 10:00-18:30, 11:30-20:00 and 15:30-00:00. (The company reserves the right to adjust shift patterns according to operational demands).
Primary Place of Work:
Working from home initially, then office-based in Greenham Business Park
Who are we?
The Roc Group is one of the UK’s fastest growing and capable Transformation Services Providers and we empower organisations in public and private sector organisations to accelerate business and technology change. Our team of programme, process, technology platform and managed services experts combined with Roc-developed, industry leading best-practice and proven methodologies, enable our customers to realise their transformation vision in less time and with less risk; while realising significant and sustainable business outcomes.
At Roc, we pride ourselves on our honesty. We are a reliable, trusted partner, we operate with integrity at all times and are honest in all our dealings with colleagues, customers, stakeholders and suppliers. We are a passionate business who are proud of who we are and the clients we support.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.