IT Support Technician
Surgery Information / Job Description
About the Pets at Home Group
Vets4Pets are part of the Pets at Home Vet Group. We are proud to be one of the largest veterinary groups in the UK with a national network of over 400 practices. Our Joint Venture model is unique to the UK vet market and it offers ambitious vets an early route to practice ownership with professional support in 7 business support areas. Each owner has full clinical freedom to do whatever they believe to be right for each individual patient.
About the Role
The Support Technician will work alongside our PMS Team Lead and assist our Joint Venture Partners (JVP) and their surgery teams in successfully and efficiently using the Practice Management System (PMS), which supports the day to day operations in each business. The successful colleague will have a number of responsibilities as part of this role.
- Providing first line support and resolution for PMS / Health Care Plan (HCP)/Procedures and pricing related issues
- Administering HCP transfers
- Assisting with general enquiries from surgery teams via our internal service level management system (HEAT), email and telephone
- Investigating, recording and resolving PMS / HCP /Procedure and Pricing issues in a timely manner
- Taking real ownership for resolution of allocated queries
- Assisting Partners and surgery colleagues to maintain and optimise use of the PMS at a surgery level
- Acting as a liaison between surgeries and our technical escalation teams
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Undertaking project work as required
- Managing the setup of new surgeries with regards to PMS
- Customer service focused with the ability to work to tight deadlines when required
- Computer literate with a good level of skill in using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.