IT Support Engineer – x2 vacancies available.
ProAct International is a supply chain software solutions company that has been established for over 25 years, deploying unique and innovative mission critical enterprise solutions to a diverse and exciting client base, from global logistics companies to car manufacturers.
The ProAct Application is a unique application used across the supply chain logistics industry by customers across the globe. It is used in many different scenarios, from finished vehicle logistics, warehouse management to transport and freight management logistics.
Our 50 colleagues are at the heart of everything we do, and we are now seeking two Support Engineers to join our dedicated, energetic and passionate team.
The Role – Support Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Support, as a Support Engineer you will work within our Support Department on a 24/7 rota system alongside six other Support Engineers, ensuring reported incidents are handled correctly and efficiently, whilst supporting and training clients who are using the ProAct Application.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Installing and updating the ProAct Application
- Starting and stopping application instances / services
- Running scripts on a Linux environment
- Querying and updating the SQL Database
- Ensuring support incidents are handled within SLA
- Keeping up to date with training and new updates to the Application
- Providing assistance, advice and support to customers and other team members
As the Support Engineer, you’ll benefit from comprehensive training and support, and excellent career progression opportunities, along with:
- A salary in the region of £20,000 to £28,000, with the starting level dependent on experience
- Annual leave rising to 25 days plus bank holidays through length of service increments
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent contract with full time hours, working five days out of seven, with varying start and finish times on a 24/7 rota system (usually one weekend per month required)
Our Requirements – Support Engineer
- Proven experience within a similar IT support role, where you have provided support to end users of internal systems or in-house applications
- Excellent communication skills in order to confidently liaise with customers
- Strong methodical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
Although not essential, proven experience of how to use Linux Commands within a Linux environment would be highly advantageous, but full training will be provided on our ProAct Application.
Due to current government guidelines, you will be required to work from home initially, with the occasional visit to the office currently in Denbigh (North Wales) when needed.
Once restrictions ease, we will be relocating into our new and modern offices near St Asaph in North Wales, at which point you will benefit from our Flexible Working Policy which will combine working from home and the office as required.
All applications for this Support Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.