We’ve teamed up with a rapidly growing business in the eco-sector and have an exciting opportunity for a software developer who will thrive in Cardiff’s city centre. The successful candidate will need the gravitas and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at a technical level. This will include mentoring junior developers and working within an agile environment.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An experienced developer to join our client’s team and help to develop their existing mobile app as well as lead the development tasks for new and exciting innovative energy management tools. The company operates a microservice architecture in GCP using Typescript & NodeJS for their back-end on Kubernetes with Express and TypeORM. Their front end is Cordova based. Being a good communicator and having an understanding of IoT automation and data streaming would also be desirable.
We want team players who are self-motivated, trustworthy and able to manage their own delivery to hit milestones.
WHAT ABOUT SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS?
- Minimum 3 years experience as a software developer.
- Experience working on typescript + node products for both mobile and web
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with cloud platforms, preferably using Kubernetes in a microservice environment.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing CI/CD
- A deep understanding of relational and non-relational data stores
- Awareness of Agile principles and the benefits of the differing methodologies.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment is also useful
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- They welcome a diverse range of applicants – it’s only your talent and experience that matters!
- You will be a permanent member of their growing team working Full Time.
- Flexible working
- You must be able to be in the office often enough for you to be able to do the job effectively, integrate and work with the team. But otherwise, you’re able to work remotely. They are fully set up for virtual working!
- Competitive salary
- You're helping save the planet!
- 6% pension contribution, healthcare with family & dental options; electric vehicle scheme; equity scheme; cycle to work scheme; training & development support of course; office fruit bowl & refreshments!
If this sounds like a suitable role for you, please get in touch!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.