£30k - £45k
IT Manager required to join a niche Engineering company based in Bournemouth, You will be crucial to their entire IT infrastructure leading a team of 2. Along with the day to day management of the IT Infrastructure outlined below you will also be part of a team who definers and delivers IT strategy ensuring you remain market leaders in your sector.
· Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
· A working knowledge of Windows, Exchange and Linux. Also familiar with Linux command line.
o WSUS Windows updates
o Linux firewalling
o Windows Domain including DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
o 365 / Azure AD
· Experience with Networking and System updates/patching
· Hands on networking experience with configuring and installing switches, patching cables
· General knowledge of SIP/PBX software
· O365 Support
· Proxmox / VMWare
· Asset management software such as Snipe-IT (desirable)
· Service desk software Hesk (desirable)
· Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure through access controls, backups and firewalls
· Ensure availability of the IT systems to company workers
· Delivery of IT tasks, either personally or via the team
· Management of the IT service desk to ensure tickets are prioritised correctly and tickets are being closed on time
· Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
· Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
· Design, develop, implement systems, policies and procedures.
· Working with customers to ensure IT equipment able to deliver
This is a great role for either an existing IT Manager with the skills mentioned above or a hands on infrastructure engineer who would like to take their first step into people management (whilst remaining fully hands on) people management training will be provided along with a detailed Personal Development Plan.
Office based, when Government Guidelines allow. You must be eligible for SC Clearance.
If this sounds like you and you are ready for a challenge then send your CV to (url removed) or call (phone number removed).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.