IT Support Analyst
Techys2u Limited, based in Stourbridge, are looking for an experienced and ambitious IT Support Analyst to join our team and support the company’s growing business.
The main purpose of this role is to support the IT Support Team in the day to day business and to help with the processing of Help Desk tickets in a professional, effective, and timely manner. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with high energy and a positive attitude. The role is perfect for someone who is highly detail focused with a desire to deliver excellent customer service at all times.
Involving both office and on-site work, the ideal candidate will enjoy being able to provide a diverse range of support to both colleagues and clients. You will predominately focus on Microsoft technologies via telephone/remote support and occasional site visits. The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing excellent customer service with 1st and 2nd line support via telephone and email
- Liaising with internal support team to resolve problems and queries
- Working with a ticket system, ensuring that the detail for requests or issues are logged correctly and accurately.
- Analysing support requests and participating in the continuous improvement of Help Desk response, processes and procedures.
- Liaising with 3rd parties, as and when required, to resolve problems and queries
- Carrying out the configuration, installation, monitoring, maintenance and testing of computer systems and networks, from the ground up to completion.
- Providing “How To” guidance
- The creation, maintenance and publishing of relevant support documentation in order to assist colleagues in the quick resolution of incidents and to enable users to become more self-sufficient.
Having strong problem solving and communication skills is vital, requiring you to listen, understand, and assess effectively to implement plans of action. You will need to balance supporting the clients’ requirements whilst considering their future business needs.
Skills required include, ideally with a minimum of five years’ experience:
- Experience in the provision of 1st and 2nd Line IT support services.
- Knowledge of Windows Server, including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WDS, PowerShell scripting, bare metal recovery and backup procedures.
- Email and server migration including knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Office 365’s Exchange Online.
- Working with Microsoft Windows 10 as well as a knowledge and understanding of earlier versions.
- Antivirus concepts.
- Networking knowledge including: wireless, VoIP, structured cabling, routing concepts, VPN and managed networks.
As this role is for an Analyst who may be expected to make visits to clients a full UK driving license is required.
- Experience in BTB / MSP service role/s
- Knowledge of pfSense firewall.
- Familiarity of Linux and Apple Mac.
In return we offer an opportunity to join a proactive and thriving business with excellent opportunities to develop your skills and expertise. Based in newly refurbished offices we enjoy a flexible yet professional approach to work enabling you the fantastic opportunity to play a key part in our continuing growth.
Interested? Apply now, quote reference ITSA(phone number removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.