ATMOS VR’s aim is to bring creative content to life using the latest immersive technology, constantly evolving VR and pushing the experimental boundaries of immersive experiences.
The company will be launching a new VR immersive experience in Digbeth, Birmingham to open in Summer 2021. This will be the first of 8 planned venues throughout the UK.
We believe in teamwork, excellence, respect, innovation, and service without limits. We know that the best customer experience comes from a united team delivering exceptional customer service in order to provide an outstanding visitor experience. Our team members are vital to the success of this culture and all that we create for our customers.
This is an interactive role that places you at the centre of the game. You will pull all the right levers and press all the correct buttons to skilfully co-ordinate the game zone, ensuring the smooth running of the experience from the comfort of the Operations Room.
The role is one of vital importance and it is integral to the experience itself. As Games Supervisor, you will be responsible for delivering a first-class experience to all our customers. We want you to take pride in your role as you create magic behind the scenes, orchestrating the technical equipment that will bring the entire experience to life.
You will be part of a friendly, ambitious, and customer-focused team. You will work in our unique venue and embrace an ever-changing programme of events, ensuring the technical elements of the experience always run seamlessly.
Full training will be provided to ensure you fully understand how to operate the equipment and technical kit.
- Based in the Operations Room you will oversee and control the Game Zones
- You will monitor all participants using a multitude of control systems including CCTV and an in-game PA system
- You will flag any hazards or issues promptly and reactively with the Game Hosts inside the Game Zones. This will include but is not limited to: Health and Safety, First Aid, technical and behavioural issues
- You will respond accordingly, following the company’s policies and procedures in the event of an emergency or evacuation
- You will monitor the experience and assist the flow of participants between Game Zones, helping groups progress into new spaces if they struggle to solve puzzles/complete tasks
- It’s imperative that you resolve all incidents as they occur in a prompt and efficient manner
- You will understand all the technical requirements of the entire operation and problem solve when required (full training will be provided)
- You will be required to keep the experience running regardless of any issues or technical glitches
- You will resolve technical issues efficiently and effectively
- You will be a natural problem solver who can work both independently and as part of a team, using your own initiative
- You will have experience of programming and be able to demonstrate strong technical abilities (preferred)
- You will have a good understanding of networking, Cat 6, PoE, Wi-Fi and switches
- You will have a flair for multitasking, using control systems such as CCTV and in-game PA systems
- You will have a sound understanding of electronics, electrics and interfacing (preferred but not essential as training will be given)
- You will be customer centric and passionate about delivering excellent service
- You will be able to identify areas of improvement and suggest solutions
- You will understand that customer care is key to the success of the organisation and ensure that the immersive experience of participants is fluid from a technical perspective
- You will complete day to day reactive maintenance duties as required, on time and to a high standard
- You will ensure that we are operating in accordance with any relevant legislation and in line ATMOS VR policies and procedures, making sure that Health & Safety obligations are met and recorded
- You will attend team briefings and any relevant meetings with regards to the overall venue operation as and when required
- You will be prepared to take on other roles and responsibilities at short notice when required
- You will report any issues you are not able to resolve to your line manager at the earliest opportunity
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to confidently manage the visitor experience from a technical perspective
- You will deliver exceptional and memorable visitor experiences
Applying for this post
Send your CV and a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) telling us why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
Application Deadline: Midday on 31st March 2021
Interview Process: Two-stage interview process starting early April 2021
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.