Field Services Technician
Location: FIELD BASED - NATIONWIDE ASSIGNMENTS
Salary: Depending on experience £30,000 – £35,000 per annum plus overtime & company benefits
Hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 – 17:30 plus On call
Your new role
Exponential-e Group is a pioneer of cloud, connectivity and communication solutions.
We are recruiting for the role of a Field Services Engineer who will be responsible for onsite Cabling and Hardware duties, Data Centre’s, and Telephone Exchanges. You will work closely with our customers and be part of an excellent team who are progressive, supportive and logistically advanced.
- To work closely with the Field Service Manager and other team members to ensure the
success and profitability of the team.
- Completion of works within project timescales
- To effectively manage a installation team; ensuring work is completed in a timely and
- professional manner - exceeding both client and customer expectations; liaising with various
departmental associates to achieve customer satisfaction and installation completion
- Ability to implement work pack instructions & produce red-line mark up diagrams
- To improve site efficiencies on site
- To ensure that any inefficiencies at site as a result of customer actions (or non-actions) are
- Properly recorded and presented to Project Manager/Field Services Manager.
- To report on progress percentage complete at site against original and revised scope of
What you’ll need to succeed
Unlike many larger companies, successful people in Vysiion operate with autonomy and agility. You should be capable of managing multiple stakeholders and acting as an enabler within the back office and customer facing environment.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- A responsible attitude and behave in a manner appropriate to the position.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- The ability to make decisions, to ‘think on their feet’, and to communicate and present
- The ability to plan and prioritise his own work.
- Knowledge or ability to do Fibre Fusion Splicing and jointing
- Ability to do Structured cabling installation
- Copper installation, jointing and connections
- Working knowledge of copper testing
Not only will you be working for a company that constantly exceeds expectations with both our innovation and our customer service, but there are many benefits you will receive while working for us:
- Working at the forefront of technology
- Working with customers/clients from all verticals
- Clear progression paths with the ability to expand
- Autonomy and freedom to manage your own time and workload
- Culture quarterly and annual awards (Director awards, Pride awards)
- Learn and work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry
- Working in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment delivering a world-class service
- Culture Club organise events for the company (such as Thirsty Thursdays, kids Christmas party, quarterly socials)
- A dedicated Learning and Development team including access to a range of technical training and courses (LinkedIn Learning)
- Comprehensive benefits (23 days holiday, free fruit, free Barista coffee, season ticket loans, local gym discount, Vitality health cover)
What you need to do now
Click “apply now” and you will end up on our careers page, where you can see the full job description and will be able to send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
We are a company that hire for attitude, ambition and train for skills. So even if you don’t tick all of the boxes but want to be part of Exponential-e then please still apply.
We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.