Our Client is a US Tier 1 multinational investment bank. We’re currently forming a team to support the modernisation of their transaction reporting engines. The systems are highly available and support a large trading volume from their desks in NY, London and Asia. Both ETD and OTC products.
You will be joining First Derivatives development team distributed between New York, London & Newry. You will also be supported by a team of First Derivative Business Analysts and QA Engineers.
You will be involved in development of core server-side functionality and optimisations. The role does not involve deployment or support of the application.
- Building highly-available, fault-tolerant code
- Identifying problems and code reverse engineering
- Test Driven Development with appropriate unit tests for every functional change
- Working with the BA team to complete Spikes and analyse issues
- Supporting the QA team for Functional and Regression Testing
- Working with the wider Dev team to ensure the success of each Sprint
- Balancing technical implementation with the business schedule and deadlines
- Collaboration with Scrum Master and wider management team when required
- 3+ years of experience and excellent knowledge of Core Java (i.e. Collections, Generics and Functional Programming etc.)
- An ability to break down a problem and present a logical solution or next step to solving a problem
- Very Experienced in source code control and CI Systems (i.e. git/bit bucket/stash, Jenkins etc.)
- Comfortable with modern IDEs (Eclipse and IntelliJ)
- Experience with build automation and dependency management tools like Gradle
- Experience with IoC frameworks like Spring
- Experience with RDBMS (Sybase, DB2 and PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable working across both Windows and Unix
- An ability to work independently and reach out to the team for support in a timely fashion
- Good written and spoken English
- Nice to have
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks like MIFID, EMIR, SFTR and FRTB
- Experience in Investment banking and an understanding of Financial Products and Life Cycle Events
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2250 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.