Title: Business Analyst
Location: TF9, Longford, Shropshire
We are currently recruiting in our IT Department for a Business Analyst in our Muller Service business unit within Culina. We are looking for an experienced individual to work in partnership with the business providing logistics system support, innovation, leadership and expertise on day-to day business activities and project initiatives. This role could be based from our Telford, Stafford or Market Drayton sites.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
· To proactively identify business process improvement opportunities and lead business process change.
· To understand internal and external client requirements; propose and deliver fit for purpose technical solutions.
· To identify and utilise industry best practice.
· To lead investigations, stakeholder analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility studies and impact assessments.
· To review proposed benefits and highlight any risks/issues in new /redesigned processes/solutions.
· To apply the use of standards, methods and tools for requirements capture, process modelling, fit-gap analysis, risk/impact evaluation.
· To assess costs, timescales and resource requirements.
Project implementation & Continuous Improvement delivery
· To ensure solutions implemented across the organisation are aligned to Group standards and Audit requirements.
· To adhere to standard system configuration templates and recommend & participate in developing enhancements to these.
· To manage full life-cycle project implementations and/or lead project work stream delivery.
· To be responsible for collaboration across Project Teams, Group and external clients where appropriate.
· To be responsible for creating functional and/or Technical specifications.
· To manage 3rd party suppliers and internal technical resource against agreed scope pf works, timescales and costs.
· To review overall Project/CI deployments against success criteria.
· To gain awareness of business needs, manage expectations, build and maintain relationships.
· To advise where IT can add value; to innovate and lead change.
· To raise awareness of IT Processes & services.
· To communicate current status of project and continuous improvement commitments.
· To work collaboratively in a cross functional manner to deliver operations solutions.
· To network with and support colleagues to recommend and develop technical/process improvements.
System Modification, configuration & testing
· To provide preparation and delivery of all prerequisite technical documentation and post-deployment support/training documentation.
· To undertake hands on system and master data configuration, specification, modification and testing of new developments/fixes.
· To execute system configuration, development, prototyping and testing in prescribed pre-production environments. Documented evidence signed off as fit for deployment.
· To provide development of test plans/scripts, performing tests, documenting results and defect management.
· Regression testing: execute IT tests and coordinate user testing activities.
· To evaluate requirements and provide best practise solutions, leveraging standard product offerings and to evaluate deployment of technical solutions against success criteria.
· To provide hands-on support for the integrated logistics systems within the specific area of expertise.
· To provide management of subject are workload.
· To be responsible for accuracy of process documentation and system landscape documentation.
· To mentor, develop and support Business Analysts in your subject area.
· User training; to identify training opportunities to improve efficiency & self-sufficiency. Deliver fit for purpose training material and sessions.
Key skills & experience
• IT Qualifications: BSc or equivalent business experience.
• Certified to ITIL (v3) and/or experience working in a formal change –controlled environment.
• Strong understanding of the telematics industry and experience with telematics software.
• Proficient in both software and hardware mobile solutions & Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
• Proficient in Database Design best practices.
• Familiar with at least one help desk and customer support tool.
• Proficient in Software Testing and Quality Assurance methodologies.
• Proficient in ITIL processes and practices.
• Proficient in Business Process Analysis (as-is and to-be).
• Over 5 years system development experience in an IT environment. Relevant experience in a logistics company would be expected.
• 2 years’ experience in a senior project support role or leading a project team.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply today.
- Business Analyst
- TF9, Longford, Shropshire
17/03/2021 Featured job
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts