Java Developer: As a market leading innovative media business we are seeking a highly motivated Java Developer to provide expertise to implement the next phase of development and deployment of our Digital platform.
The ideal Java Developer will be able to write new code and refactor existing code using best software engineering practices, possess the ability to work independently, architect complex solutions based on requirements, integrate with ERP solutions such as Oracle and be comfortable migrating database solutions
The key skills for the Java Developer will be:
- Java (Foundation, JEE8, JPA/JPQL/Hibernate, Wildfly)
- Strong Object-Oriented design & programming knowledge
- Strong experience with TDD for both unit & integration testing
- Strong relational database knowledge (SQL, JPQL, MySQL, MaxDB) in large high-performance applications
- Architecting complex backend-end solutions including integration with relational databases
- Team focused; problem solver; highly motivated; innovative; diligent.
- Integrating experience: WebAPIS, and or with CRM/ ERP technology
Preferred Qualifications for the Java Developer are
- Working with and defining RESTful & SOAP APIs
- Microservices experience
- Domain driven design (DDD)
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- Spring, SpringBoot
- Functional programming
- Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering Degree
- Good knowledge of application security patterns and frameworks and Security Best Practice (OWASP)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.