GU51, Fleet, Hampshire
CV-Library is one of the leading job boards in the UK, attracting over 10 million monthly visits and boasting a CV database of over 16 million UK workers. This is why we are the job board of choice for over 10,000 customers who are looking to hire the best talent for their business. Our U.S. brand Resume-Library is one of the fastest growing job boards in North America and we have ambitious plans for further global expansion.
Due to the increased focus on developing our technical capability and solution architecture, we are looking for an experienced Solution Developer to come and join the team. This role will ensure the Technology strategy is informed and influenced by relevant current and emerging technology trends to ensure our solutions are based on leading best practice. You will act as the glue between the business and technology functions, working closely with business stakeholders, SME's, architects, developers, QA, operations and partners supporting the delivery of solutions that have been designed to achieve our business goals and objectives.
- Working within the wider team to understand business requirements for the solutions being developed, ensuring they can meet the business needs in function, performance and maintainability
- Maintaining external visibility of leading and emerging technologies and being comfortable creating software POCs to demonstrate how they can be utilised to achieve business advantage
- Leading the adoption of emerging trends in technology, particularly in the context of machine learning and NLP, cloud native services, data analytics, modern and web-based languages (e.g. Golang, Python, PHP)
- Producing high quality software solutions at pace, by adopting software engineering best practices & tools to develop code, unit tests, deployment scripts, documentation and other artefacts as necessary to support the production delivery of desired solutions
- Supporting internal and vendor teams to enable production solutions to be designed, developed and tested from demonstrable POCs so that delivered software can meet both functional and non-functional requirements
- Influencing a wide range of business and technology stakeholders by developing pragmatic cost effective fit-for-purpose technology roadmaps and technical implementation strategies
- Working within a cross-functional agile team and taking an active role in promoting technology understanding and knowledge sharing
- At least five years of hands-on software development within a professional environment in a technology enabled organisation
- Demonstrable experience of successfully designing, developing and deploying, large-scale B2B/C online solutions
- Strong technical background and understanding of cloud-native technologies (CNCF, AWS, GCP, Azure, Containerisation, Kubernetes)
- Experience of implementing AI, machine learning, NLP, Search, and analytics (Solr, BQ, BI) in large-scale high-volume enterprise environments
- Deep familiarity of using IDEs and web development frameworks, code configuration and management tools (git, BitBucket), CI/CD (Jenkins), and Agile processes and management tools (JIRA, Confluence) to deliver high quality software
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence outcomes based on deep technical concepts across all levels within and outside the organisation
- bility to simultaneously manage a varied portfolio of projects, often with conflicting priorities, and to be able to work well under pressure
We are based at the Waterfront Business Park, Fleet, just a 2 minute walk away from the mainline station with direct links to London Waterloo, Basingstoke, Winchester and Southampton.
- Solutions Developer
- GU51, Fleet, Hampshire
A week ago Featured job
- CV-Library Ltd
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts