NRG are delighted to be working with a truly revolutionary, rapid growth high-tech financial services provider based on the outskirts of Newcastle. Due to growth and expansion, they are looking to recruit a Junior DevOps Engineer with a good understanding of Azure PaaS and IaaS concepts. You will be responsible for the deployment and support of multi-tier applications hosted within Azure PaaS and IaaS and on site, client & internal installations.
Azure Cloud Support (PaaS and IaaS) dealing with the following technologies with a view to monitor and react to alerts on a day to day basis, whilst assisting in the introduction of new monitoring tools, techniques and automation going forward.
- Azure Portal
- Access and security control
- IaaS: Networking, Virtual Machines, Gateways etc.
- PaaS: SQL Azure, App Services, Azure DevOps etc.
- Monitoring: Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Log Analytics etc.
On Site Server Support (Windows 2012 - 2016) dealing with the following:
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Managing and maintaining the servers (with third party support) - Windows Virtual Servers (VMWARE)
- System Monitoring
Experience / Qualifications
- Azure PaaS and IaaS Support experience is essential. Whilst on the job training and mentorship will be available, it’s essential that you have a demonstratable foundation to build upon.
- IT support experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Strong team-worker able to support junior team members as required
- Willing and able to expand and develop wide skills and knowledge
- Flexible approach and enthusiastic attitude
- Committed and self-motivated
Salary : 30,000 - 33,000 based on experience + £500 per month bonus
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.