A global market leading multinational engineering company working with clients in the automotive, scientific, pharmaceutical, electronics, oil and gas, consumer products and food processing industries and many more have an exciting new opening for a Support Engineer.
Benefits: Salary: £25,000 - £26,000 (depending on experience), superb career and technical progression available, sports and social club, subsidized canteen, Bonus Scheme, Pension, PMI, 25 days holiday, Chartership Support, Opportunity to travel to different offices worldwide.
The Support Engineer will support the Engineering sections within the company in creating technical training modules. The modules are created by the Engineering specialists and the Support Engineer will be responsible for converting the information into the e-learning training modules. Ideally this would be suited to a graduate engineer with some experience in a similar role.
- Building and creation of e-learning modules based on information generated by Engineers from worldwide technical centres. (Editing powerpoint presentations specifically created for e-learning)
- Proof reading slides and generally improving the quality of images or graphic media. Adding animations to improve the presentation.
- Editing notes in powerpoint to make them suitable for narrations.
- Creating voice-overs with text-to-speech software.
The attributes/skills required:
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to work in a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Perseverance and Flexibility
- Previous experience of e-learning training
- The ability to learn fast
- Computer literate
- MS office (specifically Powerpoint)
Qualifications required for the Support Engineer role:
- Ideally an HND or Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- A-level in Physics
- A background in Engineering
- Technically minded, with a general interest in Engineering
Desirable but not essential as training will be provided:
Articulate Studio13 and Studio360
PaintShop Pro8 or similar digital art software
Audio editing software
SCORM (Shareable content object reference model) file management
Interested please apply now and we will be happy to recommend you!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.