Data Engineer – Central Belt
£50,000 - £60,000 + Comprehensive Package
MBN are partnering with an iconic media and communications brand to help them appoint a Data Engineer. The role will provide you with an opportunity to support with the migration of their new Google Cloud platform and broaden your skillset across modern data engineering practices.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll play a key role in delivering value for customers by building data solutions. You’ll be carrying out data engineering tasks to build a scalable data pipelines including carrying out data extractions, transforming data to make it usable to analysts and data scientists, and loading data into data platforms.
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Comprehensive experience of working across Cloud migration projects.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts such as fact dimensional models or slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience working across a data warehouse environment (SAS, Teradata or SQL Server) with programming capabilities to suit.
- Experience ingesting data from multiple systems and building ETL pipelines across any of the following tools (PySpark, Ab-Initio, Informatica, SSIS, Data Factory or equivalent)
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts within public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Solid understanding of modern programming principles such as Python as well as SQL scripting skills.
- Experience managing parts of the project lifecycle, delivering results on time whilst managing stakeholders.
For more information, please apply now.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.