Senior Mobile Software Developer – Remote / Edinburgh based (see below)
Paying up to £70,000 per annum plus fantastic benefits including 2 different pension schemes, Private Medical Insurance, 4 x Salary Life Assurance, Income Protection, 25 days annual leave (rising to 28 days), Season Ticket Loan and Bonus
The company offices are based in Edinburgh; however the whole company is currently working remotely and for the foreseeable. As and when they return to the offices, there will be flexible working between home and office working.
A leading and growing financial services company is looking to hire a Mobile Developer as they bring the development and maintenance of their mobile application in house. This role will be to maintain, develop, test and release the mobile application to support the growing requirements of the business.
- Design, develop and deliver software solutions in conjunction with the Business Teams and in accordance with the company’s software development principles and guidelines.
- Manage and deliver the entire app life cycle, including concept, build, deployment, release to app store and maintenance.
- Work in conjunction with the Digital Strategy Team during the design process to contribute to business and technical solutions.
- Work in conjunction with Business Teams to produce and execute test scripts (functional and non- functional) to ensure minimal risk of service interruption caused by application changes. This includes Unit, System / Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, Performance and Load Tests.
- Conduct peer review / assurance of development documentation and code in an effort to assure accuracy and completeness, whilst ensuring that changes are both maintainable and supportable.
- Assist the Project Leads and Project Managers during the programme and project planning process.
- Continually review Development and Delivery activities to identify improvements to architecture, processes, services, performance metrics and infrastructure in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Devise possible solutions to anticipated problems.
- In accordance with the company’s Application Support principles and guidelines, provide expert / second line application support to users of the mobile application.
- Maintain CPD to ensure industry recognised qualifications are current.
- Actively promote and distribute knowledge amongst peers in the development team.
- Identify innovative opportunities which will improve the businesses ability to succeed.
- Embrace and support improvements and innovation in technologies/practices that would benefit the business.
- Commercial experience of writing cross platform (Android, Windows, iOS) mobile applications with Objective-C.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the Google Play and Apple App Stores.
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and/or business products which are secure.
- Experience with REST APIs and web services.
- Must evidence ability to program in a structured, logical format.
- Experience working with TFS and/or other version control systems.
- Expertise in one or more various SDKs and Frameworks such as Angular.
- Knowledge of database management systems.
- Understanding of other compiled languages.
- Experience integrating with web technologies.
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to understand complex problems at a detailed technical level and communicate them clearly to Technical Colleagues.
- Willingness to investigate, trial and propose new concepts, technologies and approaches.
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and skills through mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to accurately estimate personal time and effort and deliver to them accordingly.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and apply them accordingly.
If you’re an experienced Mobile Developer with the listed skills and experience then please apply now to find out more.