We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a Virtualisation & EUC Technical Lead.
This is a "hands-on" technical expertise and lead position that requires senior level knowledge on Core Infrastructure (Core Foundation Server Roles, AV, Hardware etc.).
Act as the primary technical escalation point for major incidents related to the teams service deliverables.
Supporting the team in the advanced troubleshooting of customer’s environments.
Providing Technical leadership and guidance for the team.
Perform basic team personnel HR administration tasks.
Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels.
Perform Technical root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents in conjunction with Problem Management.
Assist with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
Ensure technical documentation is maintained to professional standards.
Identify Technical Problems and potential Service Improvements across customer environments.
Log calls with third party vendors (Microsoft, HP, Dell, IBM) and manage where necessary.
Ensure correct configuration of all Core Infrastructure components and supported technologies, including, but not limited, to, Hardware, Server OS & Roles, AV and SCCM.
Contribute to delivering Technical excellence across Datacentre Services.
Identify, Contribute and work towards the technical and service goals defined by DCS management.
May be required to participate in an on-call Technical lead escalation process outside of UK Business hours.
Attributes of Successful Candidate
- Excellent hands on technical Expertise.
- Determined, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- A good work ethic.
- ITIL awareness.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Professional and presentable at all times.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- Previous support experience with architecture in an enterprise class environment.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and Operations. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and the ability to handle concurrent work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate must have experience of working in a large multi-client solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base. Ability to Provide Technical guidance/leadership to 3rd/4th line engineers; leading by example at all times especially during Major Incidents. Ready to provide Out-of-hours escalation/support/leadership as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience supporting technical environments.
- An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
- Microsoft server products (Windows 2003 to 2012 R2, Core to Datacentre).
- Microsoft AD (Active Directory) and integrated elements/processes such as DNS, GPO, AD DS and RBAC.
- DHCP Server (Microsoft).
- SCCM including patch management, build image and application deployment.
- AV (Anti-Virus with key products being Sophos, McAfee & Symantec).
- Web Filtering (WebSense/Symantec/TMG/etc.).
- Endpoint Encryption (Symantec).
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Server Hardware (HP/IBM/Dell/Cisco).
- VMware / Hyper-V.
- Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to use ITSM tools to manage incidents/changes/problems tickets.
- Ability to manage conflict/challenges within a working environment.
- ITIL Certified or experience using the ITIL processes.
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.