We are a globally recognised, multibillion-dollar specialist Aerospace and Defence company who have been ranked as one of the top five, industry wide for several years.
Our West Sussex facility, a centre of excellence for simulation and training solutions, designs, develops, manufactures and delivers high-fidelity, high-contrast, display and projector systems for use in highly immersive simulation and training applications for commercial and military aviation, call-for-fires scenarios, unmanned aircraft control and operations, and ground vehicle operations and maintenance.
Products include a full range of sophisticated visual simulation software, image generators, databases/synthetic environments, display systems and full flight simulator building blocks.
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer to join the team. You will be responsible for designing and developing high-fidelity, high-contrast simulation software and applications to support the building of synthetic environment databases for use in highly immersive simulation and training applications for commercial and military aviation projects worldwide.
A strong technical background in C++ is essential to be considered for this position.
Due to the nature of the work carried out at this site, you MUST be eligible to obtain and retain BPSS clearance as a minimum.
We pride ourselves in offering an excellent working environment and opportunities for career progression.
- Design, code, test, integrate, and document software to high standard
- Expand capability of existing solutions by taking into account advancements in techniques and changes to requirements.
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture and analysis in area of domain expertise and capable of producing engineering estimates for individual tasks.
- Perform debugging and integration of software components above and below currently developed software.
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in definition, integration, verification, and validation of products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Contribute to technical presentations and support customer demonstrations in domain area.
- Identify the root cause of moderate to complex software issues and systems issues using appropriate debug and analysis tools.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Recent experience of C++
- Experience of OpenGL or DirectX is highly desirable although not essential
- Experience of C#, Python is highly desirable although not essential
- Experience of IDE – Visual Studio is highly desirable although not essential
- Experience of UML design tools is highly desirable although not essential
- Experience of Agile software development is highly desirable although not essential
- Experience of simulation and training systems software is highly desirable although not essential
- 37.5 hour week
- Annual Bonus
- Flexible working including Flexitime
- 25 days holiday (Increases with years of service up to 30 days)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- Income Protection Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Subsidised canteen
- Other benefits
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website.