IT SERVICE / SUPPORT TECHNICIAN: RUNCORN AREA: £125-175 PER DAY, 3-6 MONTHS INITIAL CONTRACT. FANTASTIC GROWING FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY. GREAT ENVIRONMENT TO WORK IN, FAST MOVING AND DYNAMIC.
Our client is an award-winning and fast-growing financial services company, providing market leading corporate finance and working capital solutions to the largest blue-chip companies in the world. Their financial services are supported, developed and managed by a professional and experienced IT team. Due to continued growth we are currently seeking a contract support technician to fulfill a role within their IT services team, initially for 3-6 months.
The primary focus will be on wiping and rebuilding laptops and desktops. So essentially experience with DBAM and installing fresh Windows 10 and device drivers.
Additional experience in extracting driver sets from various Lenovo model laptops and various Dell desktops using various tools would be advantageous but not essential.
The individual would need to be organised and keep a full inventory of the work being completed i.e. update asset register; recording hardware faults and needs i.e. new HDD or RAM etc. and providing a daily update on progress.
- Provide high quality Customer Service and Communication
- Troubleshoot and resolve logged support issues, in an efficient manner.
- Working on high impact issues to ensure services are resumed quickly.
- Provide hands on software and hardware support
- Use reports to ensure users systems are running efficiently
- Application administration & support (Enterprise and in house built)
- Meet response time and customer satisfaction targets
- Support the configuration, maintenance and upgrading of a Microsoft Windows client environment.
- Be involved in both reactive and problem management of customer IT issues in line with ITIL best practices
Skills and Abilities:
- Anti-Virus & Security
- Windows 7,10
- MS Office & Office 365 desktop products
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Recognised IT qualification such as NVQ
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Experience of working at speed
- Flexible, adaptable and able to deal with ambiguity
- Thrives in a collaborate teamworking environment
- Customer centric mindset with a can-do attitude
- High degree of personal integrity, honesty and professionalism
Is This You?
If the above describes you, then we want to speak with you. Send your CV to us and if you fit the bill then we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the role and our client in more detail.