Working from our Liverpool offices (L22), IT Support North West (ICU Group) are looking for a new recruit to join our full-time team of engineers, providing IT Support to our clients who are located throughout the North West of England, predominantly based in the Merseyside and Greater Manchester areas.
As an IT Support Engineer, your duties will include:
Providing telephone and email support to our clients, with on-site visits to our clients' premises, when required.
In the longer term, this will include project works (server installs, migrations, network upgrades, scheduled health check visits).
An ideal IT Support Engineer must have previous experience supporting Microsoft networks at 2nd/3rd line level for several years, preferably working for an IT Support company, most recently.
Candidates must have recent experience and proven ability in the following disciplines:-
- In depth support of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 onwards.
- Network Maintenance, monitoring & fault localisation
- Experience working with Virtualised Server Environments
- Remote Desktop Services & Thin Client Technologies
- Microsoft desktop operating systems (W7 onwards) – install / config / maintenance
- Firewall configuration / management - hardware & software
- Fault diagnosis and resolution planning.
- A good understanding, and experience of supporting TCP/IP & DNS
- DNS / Email technologies / web hosting principles
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Peripheral / mobile device support and integration ( iphones / Smart Phones)
Must have a corporate attitude to work:
- Reliable & Accountable
- Good communicator - able to converse with users/management at all levels
- Attention to detail is essential
- Lateral thinker
- Able to contribute and participate as part of a team on a daily basis.
Candidates must live within 20 miles of our Liverpool based offices (L22), ideally closer, and hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
Working hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, with 20 days holiday to being with + public/bank holidays.
Package : £30,000 to £35,000 per year, dependent upon experience, plus a new company car with personal use too ( business mileage reclaimable )
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID