You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Support - (intially a 6 month contract, possibly leading to permanent)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small friendly IT team in a successful and growing company. Currently going through major IT development projects and it is expected that you will become involved with these projects. The main duties of the role will include the following.
- Monitoring and supervising the network.
- Software development.
- Providing technical support to a whole host of staff from the Managing Director to the Shop Floor.
- Dealing with hardware issues such as upgrading a PCs memory/ hard disk and possibly building a PC from scratch.
- Identifying and solving technical problems.
The current network consists of approximately 70 workstations running a variety of versions of Microsoft Windows and Office. The network is a Category 5e Ethernet network, with HP ProCurve Core switches running Gigabit to the desktop. There are 14 operational servers running Windows 2000 and 2003 Server, and two UNIX servers on the network. The e-mail system we currently run is Microsoft Exchange 2000 core with an additional Exchange 2003 box.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing with excellent communication skills and is able to explain technical issues in a simple and “non-patronising” way to people who may have a lower understanding of these issues.
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP operating systems and Microsoft Office 2000, XP and 2003.
- Helpdesk skills especially regarding Microsoft systems.
- Basic network skills.
- SQL Query Language
In addition to the above, knowledge or experience of any of the following would be useful:
- Crystal Reports 8.5
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows 2000 Active Directory
- Web Development
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
Click apply now or call for an informal chat!
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Pertemps Northampton Commercial