You can save this job and apply at a later date.
1st Line IT Support
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd Temporary to Permanent division is currently recruiting an 1st Line Support Technician to work within a busy and vibrant office environment.
Hours of work: Mon – Fri 09.00 -17.30 and perhaps 07.00 – 15.30 (flexibility required to cover both shifts
Salary / Pay Rate: Temp to perm, £9.00 - £10.25 per hour DOE on a temp basis with a permanent salary of £up to £20,000 (without legal obligation)
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
To assist the IT Manager in the development and ongoing maintenance of the I.T Infrastructure.
To ensure all IT policies are followed and adhered to
To promote the effective use of new and existing technology
Key duties and responsibilities
- To assist with the on-going maintenance of all I.T infrastructure including servers, switches, routers and firewalls.
- To assist or take leadership of current and future infrastructure projects.
- To maintain the network including identifying and resolving faults
- To assist with the development of the infrastructure by identifying and implementing network improvements.
- To be part of the I.T support team where you will be required to resolve issues raised by end users through our helpdesk system.
- Identify fault trends and implement resolutions for the root causes of these issues.
- To support and monitor external links to our branch offices and the main parent network.
- To liaise with external suppliers and parent company as required
- To provide cover to the business as required – note that some of this will require evening and weekend working
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working at a similar technical level
- Good knowledge and understanding of I.T infrastructure including servers, switches, routers and firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software including Windows Server 2008 - 2012, Windows XP, 7, 8 and Office 2007/2010.
- Strong understanding of the concepts involved in backing up a large I.T Infrastructure.
- Good general understanding of all concepts of I.T developed through an experience of working at a similar level.
- Competencies required
- Ability to plan own work and self motivate.
- Ability to work in a team and also as an individual when required.
- Able to communicate with users of all technical abilities.
- Able to document work to a level that can be understood by less technical staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful public sector organisation yet be able to enjoy personal growth and achievement.
Apply online or contact our specialist Permanent consultant, Susan, on (phone number removed). All applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Due to the large applicant response to internet advertisements, only successful candidates will be contacted within 7 - 14 days. Thank you in advance for your application.
This vacancy is being advertised on the behalf of Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd who are operating as an employment business.
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd is one of the longest established and most successful privately owned employment companies in the East Midlands. Founded in 1974 the original office in Leicester quickly gained such an excellent reputation that a branch in neighbouring Northampton was established 1976.
Much of our success stems from continuity and our commitment to 'best practise' within the recruitment business, enabling us to provide a professional and creditable service to our clients and candidates. As a result, we are proud that many of our clients and candidates have been with us for many years.
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd employs experienced and professionally trained staff, ensuring continuity, reliability and creditability.
Ace Appointments (Midlands) Ltd is an active corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and adheres to its codes of practise.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.