You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm at £30,000 per annum.
To develop systems that meet the continuing needs of the Alfred H Knight group of companies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Provide 2 nd & 3 rd line support for all internal systems within the group that the development team have created with the exception of legacy Visual Basic applications.
● Work to resolve “Crisis situations” to their satisfactory conclusion.
Work as a member of the Development Team designing and writing programs.
● Interpret business requirements and technical specification documents.
● Perform coding to technical specifications, whilst following coding standards.
● Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
● Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
● Create and implement unit and integration tests.
● Create and maintain technical documentation.
● All technical aspects of design, construction and unit testing of programs developed by the team.
● During the life cycle of programs and systems, ensure that the necessary change control procedures are followed.
● Share skills and successful methods of working with other team members.
● Perform related duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
* Expertise in current computer hardware and software packages.
* Degree in IT, Science or Maths.
* Good attention to detail.
* Team player.
* Excellent communication skills.
* A degree - Software Engineering.
* Has experience of working as part of a development team of at least 6.
* 20 days Holiday, increasing by 1 each year until max 25 plus Bank Holidays
* Pension Scheme 5% employer 4% employee
* Discretionary Christmas Bonus
* Childcare Voucher scheme (currently under review)
* Free Parking
* Life Insurance 4X annual salary
* 37.5 Hours per week
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: