You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Cyber Security - SOC Analyst - perm Cheltenham
I’m looking for a Soc Analyst / Cyber Security Secialist for my client – strategic cybersecurity services company based in Cheltenham. You will be part of a successful and growing company with a great culture, and this role would suit current Analysts ready to step up into a more senior role, seeking a route into leadership, or those already fulfilling a similar role elsewhere.
What you will need:
* A demonstrable working knowledge of Cyber Security Operations, common enterprise security controls and exposure to attack and penetration methods and tools
* Relevant experience working within a Cyber Security role
* At least one recognised industry certification (SSCP, Security+, CySA, GIAC, CEH, CISM, CISSP etc.)
* You will be working as part of a 24/7 SOC across different locations and therefore you must be a true team player, with the ability and desire to engage with customers and colleagues in order to deliver the very highest standards of service and support
* Great troubleshooting skills, the ability to research problems and the ability to effectively communicate during stressful times, while keeping a cool, calm and friendly approach when dealing with customers and colleagues
* Solid time management skills and be dependable
* Comfortable talking to customers and colleagues on both a technical and non-technical level
* Great verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to write reports in a structured methodology
What may help but is not essential:
* Previous leadership experience
* Experience in working with industry standards such as ISO27001
* Working knowledge of Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
* Working knowledge of networking, along with relevant industry certifications (Network+, CCNA, etc.)
* Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance our incident investigation processes
* Understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
You will be:
* Responsible for managing and mentoring a team of SOC Analysts who will be responsible for monitoring and responding to cyber-threats against our clients
* Establishing and delivering key performance indicators, determining any gaps in performance and implementing change to improve effectiveness and quality
* Monitoring and responding to cyber security threats against our clients, interacting directly with customers to advise and act as their security partners to resolve identified security risks
* Investigating alerts and seeking out potential security issues through troubleshooting, log analysis and the use of SIEM
* posture against external attackers and threats through fine tuning and rule creation
* Creating regular meaningful reports for customers, threat intelligence briefings and white papers
* Working with our development team to develop customer dashboards and make recommendations to improve the SOC’s monitoring capability
Please note that the role requires shift working as part of a 24/7 pattern.
Ideal candidate must have excellent stakeholder management skills and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. If you are interested then please do not hesitate to apply or email me your CV directly
Please do not hesitate to apply!
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: