You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Cyber Security Response Analyst SOC
- £340 per day
- 5 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
We are looking for a Cyber Security Response professional to start ASAP to assist with clearing a backlog within the SOC team. You will come from a proven background responding to Security Incidents from Tier 1, 2 and level 3. You will ideally be certified CISSP, GCIH, GIAC, GCFE, SANS, CSIRT
If you have experience of ServiceNow this is highly desirable.
What will your role look like?
- You will lead complex technical investigations into security incidents across a variety of environments, platforms and operating systems, driving resolution in a methodical and timely manner.
- You will coordinate and engage with internal partners, contracted security providers and/or law enforcement on significant investigations.
- You are the point person and mentor to junior analysts on technical investigations.
- You will liaise with the threat and vulnerability management teams on handling emerging cyber threats.
- You will carry out trend analysis, reporting findings to management and proposing process and technical control improvements.
- You lead threat hunting and threat analysis.
- Regularly review and develop incident response processes and runbooks to ensure a consistent approach in responding to current & emerging threats.
- Maintain and employ a demonstrable understanding of advanced threats, continuous vulnerability assessment, response and mitigation strategies used in cyber security operations.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications can you bring?
- You possess experience with cyber security forensics tools and methodologies, IR planning and playbook development
- You are actively involved in threat intelligence and cyber security research communities
- Demonstrable experience in Information Security with a focus on Incident Response and security operations
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant technical data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols
- You possess an understanding of data privacy laws and legislation relating to carrying out forensic investigations.
- A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and the tools, techniques and tactics of Targeted Threat Actors.
- You have a solid grasp on the role of the SOC function, Incident Response (IR) processes and appropriate tooling.
- Experience with SIEM & IR Management tools
- Host (Windows, Mac, Linux), network and mobile device forensics
The following would be great but not essential
- Any Incident response qualifications e.g. CISSP, GCIH, GIAC, GCFE, SANS Certifications, Cyber Incident Response (CSIRT/CERT).
- Any IT qualifications ITIL, CCNA, etc.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: