You can save this job and apply at a later date.
2nd Line IT Support
Cheesecake Recruitment are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join a dynamic company which is fast moving providing customer focused application and technical support. My client develops and supplies award winning retail EPoS solutions to the hospitality industry.
As 2nd Line Support you will join their Support & Development team to deliver outstanding levels of service to their 1500+ customers, dealing with internally escalated cases, investigating root causes, providing issue investigations and suggesting fixes in a timely manner. You will become familiar with our own internal software suite of 25+ core products and add-ons. This is a crucial role for their support team to ensure they deliver timely responses and fixes. You will work on their fast-paced support desk but will work closely with the software development team.
- Be proactive in troubleshooting and diagnosing (sometimes complex) problems with precision.
- Investigate issues with 3rd party API interfaces.
- Be a point of escalation for complex support cases.
- Clearly document and update case notes on our CRM system.
You will have an expert knowledge of MS Windows, peripherals and networking. Experience with SQL Server is highly desirable. A junior/amateur software developer with experience in application support with a passion for technology would be the ideal candidate.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in MS SQL server, stored procedures, indexing, maintenance, etc.
- Good working knowledge of MS Windows, Windows services, and networking.
- Be fluent around a range of other programs such as MS Office, VNC, RDP, TeamViewer, etc.
- A “can do” attitude willing to go the extra mile.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a fun and friendly team and use your skills to deliver a high level of support to our customers. In return you will receive a great package which includes pension, private healthcare and a generous holiday allowance. My client expects their people to perform their job to a high standard, but at the same time have fun doing so. They are located close to the Celtic Manor just off the M4 with free onsite parking.
Salary - up to £25,000 per annum, pension, private health care
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: