You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Cyber Security Incident Manager
Are you a senior Cyber Security Incident Manager who is qualified in Incident Response and Forensics (GIAC or CREST)?
The successful candidate will be working as part of the Global Cyber Security Incident Management function and will manage the delivery of Cyber Incident Management and Forensics services to my client’s markets; supporting regulatory, IT Security best practice, policy and business requirements.
The Global Cyber Security Incident Management function within Global Cyber Security Operations (GCSO) was created in 2017 to ensure that all relevant parts of my client’s business are activated and work together to respond quickly and effectively to minimise the impact of intrusions. Working with the team lead you will provide incident management expertise to support this function.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of cyber defence operations, delivering GCSO’s through reducing the impact of cyber intrusions on networks. You’ll drive the response to higher severity cyber incidents through the best practice life-cycle and ensure root cause analysis is performed to support improvement of controls. The role focuses on stakeholder engagement and coordination and whilst my client seeks individuals from a strong IR background, they are also looking for someone looking to step up to a leadership role which by its nature require less hands-on technical response.
My client is evolving, and you’ll have an opportunity to inform and influence decisions around the roadmap of the forensic capability as well. Experience in forensics is welcome but not essential though.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You’ll drive the incident response life-cycle for serious cyber incidents by ensuring that the relevant parts of the business are engaged and activated to undertake the actions needed to reduce impact on our business.
- You’ll also be involved in the scoping and defining of forensic requirements, benchmarking current capability against future requirements. Your subject matter expertise will be necessary in making the best possible choices.
- When not responding to incidents, you will help develop our incident response capabilities, including writing and maintaining playbooks, assessing the incident response maturity, and assisting in table-top cyber-scenario exercises.
- This is a senior level role with expectations of significant previous experience in incident response. My client is looking for demonstrable real passion for cyber-security, with evidence of self-improvement.
Skills & Experience required
- You will have a solid grasp of client-server infrastructures, security architectures and related logging and alerting.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Deep understanding of Windows, and knowledge of Linux and/or OS X internals.
- Knowledge of and experience in malware analysis to a minimum level of behavioural analysis.
- Knowledge of memory analysis.
- Ability to report key findings in a clear and concise manner to both technical and senior management audiences.
- Vendor independent qualification in Incident Response and Forensics such as GIAC or CREST.
- BSc in Computer Science or similar.
What will you get for this role?
- £100,000 - £120,000 DOE
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme (up to 22%)
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 Days holiday allowance plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount on products through plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
If of interest, please apply now.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: