You can save this job and apply at a later date.
PHP Developer (Magento/Zend)
We’re one of the world’s largest and fastest growing coffee businesses, the favourite on the UK high street with over 2000 stores, and our self-service Costa Express machines circle the globe. We have recently joined Coca-Cola whose global scale, production, and distribution capabilities perfectly align to our ambition to serve more coffee, in more ways, in more places.
Costa Coffee is all about the people and the passion for coffee. We believe in great coffee for everyone… and we mean everyone! We want to become the world’s most loved coffee brand. We like to keep it simple and inclusive so there’s no pretension, no elitism and very few dos and don’ts.
Working within an agile team to deliver across the entire product life cycle – concept, design, build (code), deploy, test, release, and maintain unit, functional, and performance test automation.
That you are genuine, confident, committed and not only passionate about technology, but excited to work in a fun and friendly start-up environment within a large organisation!
Can you take code quality to new heights? Harness the full potential of our current technologies, while finding new and better ways of developing our products? Breathe life into ideas and ensure experiences are exceptional from start to finish?
The ideal Candidate
A passion for agile development methodologies and approaches including test driven development, refactoring, design patterns, emergent architectures, and planning with threads/spikes/slices, and delivering incrementally
If yes to the above, we have an exciting opportunity for a PHP Developer (Magento/Zend) within our NEW digital Team who are genuine, confident, committed and passionate about technology!
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities across a number of digital channels servicing a variety of popular devices
- Partner with our architecture group to define and then develop robust and scalable architectures that comply with Whitbread and industry best-practices and standards
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and openly share with our digital practice ideas / standards / tools / technologies / trends
- Provides support on key products should there be an incident / problem related to a product that’s now live and requires a development fix
- Works as part of a scrum team:
- Fully participate in the relevant scrum events; planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Collaborate as a member of the team undertaking the shared commitment towards completion of the team’s sprint goals
- Accept joint responsible with the team for converting the Product backlog into 'Done' potentially releasable increments
Essential Skills and Experience
- Magento 2 module development for creating new/customising existing functionality
- REST API design and development (including high-performance and secure transactional services)
- TDD using phpunit and mocking frameworks such as Mockery
- Dependency management using composer
- Agile development: design patterns, OOD, emergent architecture, tools like JIRA/Confluence
- Continuous integration and deployment: Jenkins, Go, Travis, Git, etc.
- Understand products of Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions desirable
- Enterprise business analysis: gap, service and integration documentation, sequence flows, integration documentation and design
- Quality & automation: TDD, Unit Testing, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, Postman, etc.
What we want to give you
- Competitive salary + other benefits
- Costa Pension Scheme
- BUPA Healthcare
- Incentives, bonus, development and career opportunities
- 25% discount off Costa Coffee – but free when you’re working of course!
Costa is an ambitious business with ambitious plans for further expansion around the globe. We’re embracing the cloud (AWS, Azure, AliCloud) and working to organize our data to increase speed and scale. All this to create great experiences for our coffee fans on apps, tablets, our Costa Express machines, and in our stores. It’s never been a better time to join Costa!
Apply and be part of the #CostaCoffeeAdventure.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: