You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Support Engineer (1st & 2nd Line Support)
Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a Manufacturing business based in the Crumlin area in South East Wales. Due a significant growth and an imminent site move they are current looking to appoint an IT Support Engineer. The IT Support Engineer will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business, providing back up and support including out of hours support (where necessary). The position is primarily responsible for supporting the Helpdesk, the installation of PC hardware and facilitating the client Desktop environment and peripheral media. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
The successful candidate will be offered a Salary up to £30,000 p/a, Excellent pension scheme- up to 10% employer contribution, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, Share Save Scheme, Company Mobile phone and Laptop. You will also benefit from Free onsite parking, Access to pool cars for Company travel and 1pm Friday finish.
In addition to these benefits the successful candidate will also be asked to undertake various project work in order to move the IT systems in 2019/2020. This is a standalone role so the successful candidate will need to be able to work autonomously and have a drive to make sure that the work they undertake is successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting IT projects in line with objectives as identified by the Line Manager
- Implement an IT Strategy.
- Policy Implementation with a focus on new Cyber Security policy from the Group function
- Resolving incidents and service requests quickly and efficiently across a spectrum of IT processes and office applications of the business/Supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and providing efficient desktop support to all business users
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Supporting IT projects as instructed by the Line Manager
- Providing desktop and server support/Maintaining the Microsoft Server/Desktop environment
- Installing/configuring desktops and laptops/Monitoring security and patching of desktop / server operating systems via WSUS
- Fault finding hardware and software issues
- Expedite requests to the Helpdesk promptly and efficiently
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment, licensing and all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Ensure a log of all IT processes are created and maintained to ensure IT support is instantly available to the Finance Manager
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts
- Escalating IT issues to the Line Manager where necessary
- Offer an open door policy with a helpful attitude to solving business issues.
- Monitor Email & Internet Usage.
- Report Monthly on IT issues completed/outstanding to Senior Managers.
- Ensure Group IT policy is adhered to and highlight any further areas for improvement.
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software, Company mobile phones, site consumables and negotiate any services & support contracts.
- Maintain Servers and Backups with Certus (C-Assure Cirrus)
- Disaster recovery plan up-to-date
- Preparing documents and materials to aid the knowledge of the department
- Adhering to company protocol as laid out in the Company Handbook
- Travel to other companies within the Group will be required occasionally
- This role is autonomous, and we are looking for someone with the drive, enthusiasm and confidence to identify areas of improvement within the business.
- Cross functional audits amongst sites in the UK to ensure collaboration and transfer of ideas and initiatives.
- Coordinating AV Software details.
- Look at the future IT Strategy for the business.
- IT walk around- be proactive in making improvements with IT & technology.
Key Skills and Experience
IT Qualification would be desirable | Ability to work well within a team or solo | Excellent telephone manner | Ability to liaise with customers in an effective manner | Experience of ERP systems (SAGE desirable) | Experience working with Windows 10 | Experience working with Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016 | Experience of virtualised systems | Experience of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and File Servers | Experience of Office 365, Office 2013 | Knowledge of configuring & maintaining McAfee ePO for AV & Encryption on servers / desktops desirable | Liaise with 3rd party providers for software updates | Self-motivated with a drive for digital knowledge.
Interested? If the answer is yes, then why not apply today and one of our team will come back to you if you are deemed suitable.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy: by applying for this position you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both our and your interest for the explicit reason of finding you work. We will not forward any of your details to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Nor will we share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you the applicant.
You can find more information on our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy on our company website. If you have any questions, please call us on (phone number removed) before applying
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: