You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Support Desk Engineer
- Would you like to utilise your technical expertise within an exciting business?
Due to the growth, Sipcom are looking to include a Support Desk Engineer within the Support Function based in Aldgate, London.
Here at Sipcom, we recognise that our staff are what drives our business forwards, which is why we can offer the successful IT Support Desk Engineer a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 as well as an excellent working environment, within a friendly and support team.
What will I be doing?
Joining our team, the IT Support Desk Engineer will be responsible for the triage and 1st line service desk call management. You will also be responsible for gathering clear, concise details from the customer in terms of their requirement and to then determine the customer's issue by analysing the systems available and estimating the nature of the underlying problem or request.
The IT Support Desk Engineer role will involve speaking to customers to log fault details, providing customers with updated on the progression of their support calls, assisting the 2nd Line Support Analysts in resolving the customer issues and conducting follow up calls with the customers to ensure that the faults are resolved. Duties include:
- Helping customers solve technical issues at first line level where applicable following standard processes.
- Develop customer-facing documentation for our website on an as-needed basis as directed by stakeholders.
- Communicate customer needs and wishes to the engineering and relationship management staff.
- Reset passwords using agreed procedures to maintain system security.
- Update records throughout all stages of all processes so customers and colleagues can view the latest information at any time.
- To complete routine systems administration tasks.
- Be part of the support coverage rota needed for contractual support of customer.
What do I need?
The successful IT Support Desk Engineer will need to possess confident communication skills as the role will involve dealing with a variety of customer faults, as the supported devices are diverse and varied. The role will include elements of administration and reporting, so understanding aspects of IT Support would be beneficial.
SIPCOM offers a broad portfolio of Cloud based services including Microsoft Lync for Unified Communications, along with Broadworks for Hosted Telephony. The business is dynamic and experiencing rapid growth across their direct (B2B) and indirect sales channels (B2C) which focus on SME, Enterprise and Public Sector in EMEA and North America.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our IT Support Desk Engineer, we want to hear from you. Click Apply!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: