You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician 1st/2nd Line Windows Active Directory Exchange Hardware
IT Support Technician
My fantastic client in Luton is looking for an IT Support Technician to resolve issues and carry out tasks that maintain the correct operation of systems. They will be the first point of contact with end users reporting faults and requesting IT support.
- Provide and be responsible for 1st and 2nd Line technical support & maintenance for both the corporate and terminal IT functions, ensuring the smooth running of all (IT) Information technology systems and Information Communications Technology (ICT) systems.
- Proactively ensures IT faults reported to the IT team are resolved in the shortest possible time, prioritizing to meet the department’s service level targets, and minimizing the disruption to systems critical to the airports operation.
- To update outstanding Tickets in the ServiceDesk tool with progress notes and comms with end users, 3rd parties and other team members to keep track of the Ticket Status.
- To pro-actively monitor the performance of systems and making regular routine inspections of installed equipment & taking corrective avoidance actions to prevent wider problems.
- To be a part of 24x7 on-call rota to provide out of office hours IT support to the business.
- To assist the senior management team with projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to apply ITIL processes to the provision of IT support
- Provide support for all used software, inc. Windows 7 / 10, MS Office 2016 / O365, Web Browsers, Anti-Virus / all bespoke software / applications; resolving or escalating to 3rd parties to resolve.
- Perform installations & configurations on hardware (desktops / laptops / servers / printers / network devices) and software. Setting up of workstations and mobile devices.
- Credible knowledge of networking TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN & Exchange Server
- Credible experience of using Active Directory, Group policies, DNS, DHCP and Exchange Server.
- Field Service technical support experience in complex and diverse IT environments.
- Working knowledge of data storage systems, data backup and restoration methods
- Full & clean driving license, all relevant permits to work in the UK and security clearances.
This is a permanent role offering £27k per annum.
If you are a solid Support Technician with experience of 1st and 2nd line support including Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, Hardware and Basic Networking then please forward your CV over to me asap as interviews are being arranged immediately.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: