You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Business Analyst
SPB Group are looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst to join their team in Portsmouth.
Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Monday to Friday 09:00-5:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
IT Business Analyst - The Company:
SPB UK are a leading European provider of quality insurance products for over 100 major brand clients. The company operates selling its insurance, assistance and service programmes to major clients and key accounts via multi sector offerings. Based in bright, vibrant and modern offices at Lakeside North Harbour, Portsmouth with lakeside views this is a great opportunity to join a business in a period of growth.
IT Business Analyst - The Role:
SPB UK IT has an innovative, team-oriented and high-energy culture. As a Business Analyst you will have significant impact on our company’s growth and success. As primary contact for IT systems and business owners for process initiatives, you’ll drive continuous process improvement both within IT, across our business functions and with our business partners.
IT Business Analyst - Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Build relationships to facilitate communication between business and IT areas.
- Lead discovery and analysis activities to develop new or modified process requirements.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify and document functional requirements.
Facilitate, gather, document and manage requirements throughout the process-change cycle.
- Consult with business stakeholders to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures and recommended areas of improvement.
- Work with business teams to review, analyse, and evaluate their business processes and system needs and translate these into requirements (Scenarios, Use-Cases and/or Functional specifications).
- Collaborate with functions to build library of process documentation for Business and IT functions.
- Identify dependencies between business processes and technology needs and consider opportunities and potential risks attached to these needs and the recommendations you make.
- Capture and document business requirements and communicate them to technical teams.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the teams to include organising, scheduling, facilitating project meetings, assisting with scope definition, issue tracking/resolution and participation during design phase.
- Act throughout the Software development process to ensure requirements match the current business needs and are accurately reflected in the system implementation.
- Assist and support stakeholders to develop realistic Test plans to enable sign-off against critical success factors.
- Monitor and document post-implementation reviews, problems and revision requests.
- Research and review emerging or available technology against business needs.
- Lead and support POCs (proof of concept) and prototyping initiatives.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of IT projects that are used for funding and scope decisions.
IT Business Analyst - Education and/or Experience:
- University degree or equivalent professional experience with emphasis on Information Technology or an appropriate field of business management – key is demonstrating analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient understanding of at least one business discipline or function (eg: Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Support).
- Ability to work independently and function effectively with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to exercise personal authority and organisational leadership to establish and maintain high standard of employee engagement.
- Knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, web site functionality, Business intelligence, Relational database concepts, SDLC and Client-server/Cloud concepts.
- Understanding of Security and Compliance as they relate to systems and processes.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, press ‘Apply’ today! You will be redirect to our website where you can complete your application.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
SPB Group UK
The job: has been sent to: