You can save this job and apply at a later date.
- Salary up to £50,000 per annum
- Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Office Based - National Travel Required
Job Purpose Summary
The business is looking for an IT Manager to take over responsibility for all technical operations. We need a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and taking and hands on approach to delivery of IT Projects throughout the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a small of IT & system integration professionals and will report directly to the IT Director. The candidate must have extensive knowledge of IT Systems based on Microsoft technologies and be focused both in Infrastructure and Application Development based on Microsoft.NET.
The role will be based out of Manchester offices and there will be a regular requirement to travel and support other offices around the UK, so a driving license is essential.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Help define and deliver the future strategy for IT working with the IT Director
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Control budget and report on expenditure. Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Ensuring that the division is able to meet its corporate objectives through delivery of IT Integration projects.
- Organising, conducting and documenting planning and strategy meetings with key stakeholders across the business.
- Presentation of data from existing business systems and analysis of that data to support revised and new business practices.
- Ensure accurate transition and successful implementation of new systems.
- Organising Training and Super user support to improve the use of newly configured IT systems.
- Identifying areas of opportunity to reduce paper within the business and improve overall productivity.
- Writing and defining requirements and specifications for improvements to existing systems or implement new systems and managing implementation with outsourced IT.
- Implementation and regular maintenance of Disaster Recovery policies, systems and scheduled testing procedures. Ensuring 99.9% uptime of critical business systems.
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Experience in controlling information technology budget. Good working knowledge of both Clik (or other Service Management Software) and SAGE.
- Good technical skills writing Macros, Data Analysis, Data Mining and formatting.
- Advanced Excel Skills. Experience of working with SQL Server, Log Shipping, Database Mirroring, Reporting Services and writing TSQL queries is required.
- Experience of delivering solutions based on Microsoft .NET Web Forms.
- Experience rolling out new systems or running large implementation projects is essential. Excellent documentation skills, both IT and business process documentation.
- Excellent Project Management skills. Experience of supporting users within a Microsoft technology environment.
- Clear and confident communicator, effective team player, and able to work with end users with varying IT abilities.
- Demonstrate initiative and discretion in handling complex, sensitive and/or confidential information.
- A full driving licence is essential as there will be a regular requirement to travel to offices around the UK.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Marlowe Fire & Security
The job: has been sent to: