You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Salary £30000 to £35000 p/a
Our client employs around 270 people over a range of functions which include production, engineering, finance, customer services, purchasing, quality and sales....
This role will specialise in supporting the software and hardware requirements of the business on a day to day basis. This position will require the appointed person to become responsible for following areas and carrying out the following:-
• To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service as soon as possible; escalating incidents to IT Corporate teams where necessary
• To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
• To manipulate and update the databases and create new reports where required using relevant programming skills
• To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon
• To install and configure new IT equipment
• To interface with the IT Corporate Team to provide support in the development of local and corporate IT projects
• To maintain a first class level of customer service and confidentiality, ensuring that all internal customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner and that the Data Protection Act is enforced
• Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
• To interface with the IT Corporate Team to provide support in the development of local and corporate IT projects.
• To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
• To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
• Exhibit a flexible approach to working and provide necessary cover where needed.
• Be willing to attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes
• To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• To participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process
Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
• Have strong IT skills inc SQL and proficient in using Windows, and all Microsoft packages including word, excel and outlook
• Have strong communication skills, including verbal and written
• Be capable working efficiently and keeping to deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: