You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Head of IT
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of IT based in Bolton. The principle purpose of the role will be to develop and maintain the organisations technology, business systems and communication infrastructure, this includes implementing operational strategies for both hardware and software that aligns with the overall company strategy and the digital strategy.
Key accountabilities shall include
* Manage and develop a team of 10 IT professionals – 3 infrastructure members, 5 service desk members and 2 application support members.
* Deliver the digital strategy focusing on moving spreadsheet activities to systems with workflow; cutting out paper with electronic forms and data automation; integrating and or linking all systems; collaboration, sharing and informing.
* Our digital vision is to become the most lean and efficient construction business in the UK by working towards the principle that “work is a thing you do not a place you go”; raising the intellectual property level of the business in terms of analysis and reporting, promoting knowledge sharing and collaboration and improving communication and engagement throughout the whole business.
* IT Team leadership and leadership in the wider context, working closely with strategic leaders in the business.
* Creation, management and reporting of both the IT and Digital budget and strategy.
* Solid understanding of the business systems in order to research, lead and inform on solution.
* Keep abreast of emerging trends and technologies which can be adopted by the business to drive efficiencies and provide the necessary MI to help the business leaders make informed decisions.
* Advise on growing legislative and consumer demands in relation to system availability – cyber risk, information security and data management.
* Ensure excellent delivery of IT & Digital strategy through diligent consultation, planning of resources, budget control and effective communication.
* Personally promote the IT & Digital Strategy and the delivery teams throughout the business (internal PR) to support the strategies at all levels.
* Ensure that the core technology infrastructure supports the growth and aspiration of the business and that of the Digital Strategy.
* Ensure all IT systems are secure, stable and robust and customer satisfaction levels are achieved to agreed SLAs
* Ensure all data and systems have business continuity and disaster recovery in line with business needs.
Head of IT | IT | Active Directory Federation Services | Cisco LAN | Virgin Media | MPLS | Cisco Call Manager | Digitalisation | ERP | CRM
Pension Healthcare Life Assurance Bonus Eye Care Company Car or Car Allowance
As a key leader in the business, reporting to the Business Services Director, this Head of IT and Digitalisation person is required to be energetic and pacey, solution orientated, have approachable leadership qualities and experience in managing a technical team, building 3rd party relationships and influencing key decision makers and stakeholders within the business.
The candidate should have a background in IT infrastructure and have experience/understanding of VMWare and Hyper-V, ERP, CRM, Office 356, Active Directory Federation Services, Cisco LAN, Virgin Media MPLS and Cisco Call Manager.
Seddon provides end to end integrated property services for customers across the North West and Midland regions.
From planning and procurement, through to construction, fit-out and refurbishment, and onto property services, our customer base spans both the public and private sectors.
We have been working with our customers to help shape the future for over 120 years, constructing, refurbishing and maintaining the buildings that are essential to the way we live our lives, with an impressive portfolio of project experience ranging from affordable housing and modern healthcare facilities, to commercial premises, schools and colleges.
Core services include extensions, refurbishment, remodelling, planned maintenance, new build and painting works ranging in value from £50k to £30m.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: