You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Our key client are currently looking to recruit for an IT Manager to come on-board ASAP. This is the chance to join a dynamic team as well as the opportunity to work with a huge variety of platforms. My Client are a leading provider in a specialist area in the UK.
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, my clients offers comprehensive specialist solutions. Today we deliver this service to the construction, logistics, rail, energy and manufacturing industries, as well as to occupational health providers, the prison service and the petrochemical industry.
Duties of the IT Manager include:
- To provide my client with a fully functioning IT infrastructure and suite of network software applications to support the business.
- To manage local network, switches, servers, telecoms and communications.
- To work with my clients IT helpdesk, working with Head of IT Operations (Pathology First) to ensure that helpdesk services are provided to both sites..
- Provide an IT helpdesk to circa 250 users based in Cardiff and all field based users, i.e. Collections Technicians, within agreed SLA.
- To provide leadership and management of LIMS Administrator and locally based technical staff.
- To manage the IT budget, both opex and capex.
- To chair and manage the IT Change Board.
- To act as the local data protection officer, under GDPR.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Computer Science/ IT related degree
- Familiar with SQL databases
- Proactively drive service improvements
- Strong systems and technical experience
- Experience of managing external service providers
- Previous experience with LIMS systems
- Able to work proactively and plan, organise and manage own workload
- Project and influencing skills in addition to personal drive and results orientation
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: