You can save this job and apply at a later date.
2nd line IT Support Engineer
Our client, an establish telecommunication company, are looking for a 2nd line IT Support Engineer to join their team in Swindon. The company offer interesting work, career progression and a supportive working environment. The 2nd Line IT Support engineer will be responsible for providing hardware and software support, both remotely and deskside.
2nd line IT Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- To replace desktops, laptops and monitors as like for like and enabling a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user
- Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment
- Complete all allocated calls and maintain regular contact with call scheduler
- To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
- To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
- Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
- To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
This is a permanent position based in Swindon and is offering a basic salary of up to £28,000.
2nd line IT Support Engineer Requirements:
- IT engineering experience – 2 years
- A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
- A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
- Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
- Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
- Knowledge of specific customer software
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forwards website
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Planet Forward Ltd
The job: has been sent to: