You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Business Analyst - – Agile/Aventri/etouches/Madgex
- Business Analyst - – Agile/Aventri/etouches/Madgex
- Reed Business Information - $1bn Global Data & Analytics business and part of the FTSE100 RELX Group
- Salary up to £40,000 (depending on experience)
- Location: Sutton, SM2 5AY
Who We Are:
Reed Business Information (RBI) use leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold best-in-class positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every single day.
RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, real passion for our products, and teamwork, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers; RELX has recently been ranked by Forbes as one of the world’s top 100 most innovative companies.
A Business Analyst is required to join our Corporate Solutions Group. You will be part of an Agile team that is driving fast-paced growth and innovation within a global corporate enterprise. The role will focus on adding business value by delivering new modules and features as well as supporting existing systems. You will be working across several Business Units, working to establish new processes with a new platform, with a commitment to continuous improvement and the adoption of development and delivery best practices.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain documentation of user requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, workflows, processes, applications, ensuring that the functional documentation, such as specifications and functional designs, are kept up-to-date in line with both business and corporate strategies
- Organise and drive requirements gathering for assigned projects
- Work with your Agile Squads Product Owner in order to understand the business strategy and objectives and to assist the development of a clear roadmap to enable RBI’s business units to achieve their goals
- Support and work with the project team to drive improvements such as workflow efficiencies, error reduction/elimination, cost impact, and issue resolution
- Work with stakeholders across the business to deliver user stories, functional specifications, to a high quality suitable to support the development process
- Review deliverables from the development team and work with the test team to ensure that the final delivered solution was what was originally requested
- Ensure the project backlog is kept up-to-date
- Support the Product Owner in the prioritisation of bug and enhancement requests and ensuring business users are kept informed on progress
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of gathering user/internal customer requirements and translating them into user stories/non-functional specifications
- Product backlog grooming and management
- Experience in prioritising stakeholder requirements in order to gain maximum business benefit
- Previous experience of working in an agile environment and using recognized development methodology e.g., Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong communication skills across all levels of an organisation
- Ability to lead and facilitate workshops
- Proficient in documenting As-Is and To-Be processes
- Strong IT research, software analysis and feature specification skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency working with Jira or similar system
- Proficiency working with Confluence or similar system
- Previous experience of events management platforms such as Aventri/etouches
- Experience of working with 3rd party software vendors
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events for schools about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of women in technology.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Reed Business Information
The job: has been sent to: