You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Head of IT
Location: Fort Dunlop
Capita has operated in the health sector for over 20 years. We have over 3,000 staff supporting healthcare organisations to deliver a very wide range of services, helping them to improve quality, outcomes and safety for patients. Capita offers a range of services, which are easy to access and many of which will deliver immediate results including financial savings. We also work in longer term partnerships to deliver transformation. We are currently helping reshape the delivery of disability assessment services to students, employers, employees and people looking to claim Personal Independent Payments (PIP).
Capita carry’s out PIP assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in Wales, Northern Ireland and the West Midlands. Assessments are focused on how an individual’s health conditions may impact on their daily life, rather than the health conditions themselves.
There are two dimensions to the role:
* Enterprise Architecture: to work closely with stakeholders, business representatives and subject matter experts to design technology systems and solutions that are aligned with the firm’s business strategy. Take the lead responsibility for defining, maintaining and communicating the firm’s technology roadmap
* IT Operations: Take leadership for IT Operations, Infrastructure, Networking, and IT Quality for the company, including leadership over the IT Help Desk. You will oversee all the run time IT operations functions and be responsible for managing technology infrastructure including hardware, operating systems, databases, network, telecom and productivity applications and collaboration tools
Your background & experience
* An experienced architect and IT Operations manager with broad technology and sector experience, ideally from a BPO background
* Wide and extensive experience across network, applications, data and infrastructure domains
* Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns
* Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
* Ability to stay current with emerging technological and architectural concepts and trends
* Ability to dive into details as well as analyse from a high-level view
* Knowledge and experience of IT industry standards
* Knowledge of IT governance and operations
This is a superb opportunity to make a difference, develop your career and be part of our organisation.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: