You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Reporting to the Head of Information Systems, as Business Analyst you will support the delivery of cost-effective and robust IT solutions by translating business needs, recommending appropriate solutions and ensuring that products/services are fit-for-purpose. Your day to day duties will include:
- Support the implementation of systems solution in all stages from the business requirement-gathering stage though to implementation of solution and benefits realisation.
- Prepare detailed business requirements for technology based support systems or services.
- Lead and coordinate requirement-gathering workshops, user groups; facilitating effective engagement with project owners, project participants, senior management and suppliers.
- Work closely with IS team and stakeholders to gather, define, analyse and document business and functional requirements.
- Research potential solutions alongside the IS team and business units that support and improve business applications.
- Plan and monitor project, identifying risks and issues on existing and future systems development and integration projects.
- Assess business systems, services or processes for defects, gaps or potential areas for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Work closely with the data protection officer ensuring new systems comply with GDPR requirements (`data protection impact assessments`)
- Involved in relevant system communities, keeping on top of the latest tools, improvements, ideas and issues
The successful Business Analyst will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree or recognised BA certification/training (or substantial recent and relevant experience in a similar role)
- Experience in using data mapping tools and/or tools to document functional and user requirements templates
- Experience of establishing and managing effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience of change management
- Ability to plan, set goals and prioritise workload to meet agreed objectives
- Experience of gathering, agreeing and documenting requirements with users
- Experience of working on system development and integration projects, with good understanding of system development lifecycle
- Experience of business process mapping and change management
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to support the change process necessary to implement a new or changed technology, system or application
- Experience of working in a complex organisation implementing systems to support change and deliver efficiency
- Ability to think innovatively within agreed parameters to resolve problems and devise new solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing, writing and presenting reports, and preparing requirements for tender specifications documents and contracts.
- Experience of managing third party suppliers successfully to fulfil requirements;
- £48,603 salary
- £1,005 lunch allowance
- 35 days holiday allowance + bank holidays
- 4 days closure over Christmas period
- Annual season ticket loan scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme
£48,603 + lunch allowance + benefits
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: