You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Technical Project Manager
The Company have recently launched an Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predicative Analytics and require a Technical Project Manager to work out of their Livingstone Office.
Summary of Role:
The role will be responsible for the technical delivery of an IoT product for a leading Energy client working in close collaboration with the existing development team.
Reporting directly to the Business Manager, this role requires previous experience in technical delivery excellence of major projects of £1m+ for automation and/or IT systems in the energy sector. With proven experience of managing customer expectations, delivering solutions to tight deadlines and able to effectively manage product finances whilst working in an Agile process environment.
The right candidate will need to demonstrate they are capable of managing a small but developing engineering team, is able to clearly communicate the technical direction, clearly focus on work priorities to ensure product features, per sprint, are development on time and to the right level of quality and is able to work collaboratively with the clients product owner to deliver the right technical solutions.
• Managing product development to demanding timescales working in an Agile environment
• Ensuring the product sprints are delivered to timescales, specification and budget
• Full financial responsibility for product management
• People-management responsibility for leading and motivating concurrent teams of software/systems engineers (typically 5+)
• Proven technical experience, able to challenge, consult and ensure the right technical solution is delivered first time, every time
• Hold regular report and progress meetings with the client
• Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
• Responsibility for Quality Control for all projects involved
• Competent in multiple system development life-cycle methodologies, such as Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid.
• Ability to manage and motivate resources in a matrix environment.
• Demonstrate the suitable level of planning and provide the balance of agility and predictability against the given project.
• Foster an environment that embodies Agile development principles.
• Foster and advocate a continual improvement attitude.
• Proven experience as a Technical Project Manager
• Solid technical background with a keen understanding of broader business needs and strategy
• Solid understanding with previous hands-on experience in software development
• Proven experience of working in the Energy and Utilities markets
• Experience of using JIRA/Confluence toolsets for workflow management
• Strong problem solving skills
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in an agile organisation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
• Work well under pressure and be able to prioritise to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details
• Communicate with diplomacy and tact and connect ideas
• Team player attitude is mandatory
• Positive attitude
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Russell Taylor Group Ltd
The job: has been sent to: