You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Support Technician
As part of IT Services department, you will deliver a high quality user support service and contribute to Group IT implementation projects. 85% Support & 15% on project activities
* Primarily located in Cambridge this role will support the firms user community in their day to day operational use of IT. Our users are located across multiple sites in the UK, along with locations internationally This role will therefore require UK and international travel on a periodic basis
* Periodic out of hours working and provision of remote support will also be required to meet the needs of a rapidly growing international organisation spread across multiple time zones
* Technicians will typically operate as a larger team and will be expected to operate independently for level 1 support calls and BAU activities within the support service. Technicians will be technically self-sufficient with broad base level of knowledge across many technology fields and provide 1st and some 2nd line support functions for routine support issues
* Technicians will, when working on projects, typically be responsible for a completing the roll out or implementation of a work package, or activity under the technical guidance of a Technical Architect or Senior Technician. Project implementation work must be completed to tight schedules and the highest levels of accuracy. Technicians will be responsible to the Project Manager for meeting these exacting requirements
* The technology base is the Microsoft platform so critical skills are Microsoft Server Technologies (Server, IIS, MS SQL Server, Exchange and Lync), along with the supporting systems (AD, DHCP and DNS) and desktop technologies. Other critical systems include Citrix services, NetScaler, virtualisation, cloud computing and Meru wireless networks. Senior Technicians will typically have 1-5 years’ experience in a support role, and be working towards professionally IT to “Administrator Level” qualifications e.g. CCNA, MCP, etc
Key Responsibilities - IT Technician
User & Service Support
* Provide high quality technical support to the firms users across a broad range of technologies
* Monitor, prioritise and resolve support calls and service requests, liaising directly with users as required
* Provide out of hours support (if necessary)
* Monitor, prioritise and resolve the incoming support calls from staff, liaising with IT colleagues & other staff
* Complete regular IT “Business as usual” (BAU) operations and checks such as backups and status checks, printer ops
* Provide technical expertise and effort to support delivery of the firms IT Projects
* Where appropriate deliver the implementation of a particular work package or project activity. Work under supervision or independently
Technical Development and Leadership
* Develop and maintain proficient “ System Administrator” level skills in appropriate technologies
* Participate in the appropriate IT technology group(s) within Group IT, to develop skills and share best practice
* Technician will likely require “Administrator” level accreditation, e.g. MCP/MCSA
Experience Required: IT Technician
* 1-2 years’ experience supporting a wide range of IT systems, pref' in a professional IT or education environment
* A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in supporting a diverse and demanding user base
* Some experience or exposure with Microsoft server products, IP (including DHCP, DNS), LANS, Fortigate, HP
Switches, firewall and WAN technologies & some experience or exposure to user problem solving for some of IIS, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Lync (OCS), Citrix or Terminal Services, EVault backup)
* 1-3 years’ experience of support for user desktop and classroom technologies.
* Some system scripting skills and remote server monitoring (PRTG) experience
* 1-3 years’ hands-on experience with Dell hardware
* Experience or exposure to education management or support systems, such a student management platforms/VLE.
* System Administration skills
* Microsoft Active Directory Admin
* System Administration experience in a range of supporting technologies. e.g. Evault backups, Meru Wireless, Fortigate Firewalls, Windows Desktops, Mac OSX Desktops. Experience of windows deployment services & MDT
* Active Directory admin
* Experience of antivirus\anti malware administration. Exposure to Hyper-v
* Experience of classroom tools such as Interactive Whiteboards, iPads Apple TV etc. Customer facing, service focused, problem solving customer support skills
* Experience of using a commercial help desk\ticket mgt system.
This is a Full-Time Permanent IT Technician position & the firm are offering a of £30,000 PA, with a progression path into Senior Tech
If this IT Technician position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Steve at Recruitment Hunters
"Let us do the hunting...so you don't have to!" Recruitment Hunters is an independent recruitment agency based in Cambridgeshire who place permanent & contract staff into firms across East Anglia (Cambridgeshire, Suffolk & Norfolk) & West London. We focus on 4 main sectors from Commercial, Accountancy, Engineering to Technical.
IT Technician, Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, Education, Class room, Students, DHCP, DNS, Firewall, LANS, IP, Microsoft Server, Dell, Laptops, Desktops, Systems, Technical, IT, IT Support, IT Helpdesk, Cambridge, London, Apple, SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: