You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Support Technician
We are looking for a field-based IT Support Technician to join the busy service department of an office-technology business. As an IT Support Technician, you will have the responsibility of making sure that your clients receive the highest caliber of customer service. We are looking for someone who is experienced in 1st and 2nd line telephones and can provide remote desktop IT support. The IT Support Technician will be able to take ownership of their calls and be able to resolve client and customer queries after the first initial period of training.
What are the main responsibilities?
- To be able to provide the customers with 1st and 2nd line ICT, Telecoms and Photocopier service support
- Working directly with the service controller
- Delivering customer service by telephone and remote support
- To be confident in administering and maintaining the business management system
- To be able to train up fellow employees with internal and external software
- Efficiently answering customer queries, if not then to be forwarded on to the correct department
- To be proactive and enthusiastic when attempting to resolve customer issues
- Answering incoming calls to the ICT and Telecoms help desk
- Occasionally visiting customers to carry out work on the office equipment
- Installing ICT hardware, such as PC’s printers, scanners, mobile devices, and Telecom systems to name a few
- Supporting the Engineers outside of office
- Making sure that your customers are confident in using this technology
- Installing and administering monitor software such as CSRC and Print Audit in order to monitor requests, error codes and trends that will be beneficial for the business and service delivery
- Making sure that all calls are logged and when a remote screen is accessed
- Collecting device meter readings on the field, and then making sure that these are invoiced and processed
- To be constantly aware and looking for new business leads on machines, CCTV, telephony equipment etc.
Based on the nature of this role, an awareness of COSHH and Health and Safety regulations is necessary and must be adhered to at all times. It is paramount that you are responsible for your own health and safety!
Atlantic Resource has a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for, and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: