You can save this job and apply at a later date.
3rd Line Windows IT Support Engineer
Job Title: 3rd Line Windows IT Support Engineer
Req ID: 128478BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is looking for a senior 3rd line Windows IT support engineer to administer a number of IT infrastructures which support Geospatial Information Systems (GIS). Raytheon along with other similar successful high performing organisations is executing highly collaborative and complex programmes and delivering specialist services. These services require collaborative working and strong leadership to resolve issues by working jointly with the customer across multiple sites and business areas.
Reporting to the 3rd Line Lead within the Service Operations Team, the role will have responsibility for 3rd line Windows IT support to administer a number of IT infrastructures which support Geospatial Information Systems (GIS). These systems are mainly virtualised and forms part of the ASG In Service Support (ISS) contract which is supported by a mixed team of Raytheon, customer & sub-contractor personnel.
The successful candidate will primarily have the ability to support a Windows virtualised environment to a 3rd line support standard and as a secondary role will also be expected to develop support skills for Geospatial Applications such as ArcGIS and the GXP suite. The position also requires customer facing experience and the ability to interface with the Customer, senior users and international sub-contractors. This is a complex and challenging role that will be highly rewarding, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements. The work location will primarily be based at Feltham, but will require visits to other Raytheon UK and customer sites.
- 3rd line SME for incidents, problems and events and carry out fault diagnosis / resolution;
- Interaction with the Service Desk and 2nd Line Resolver Groups for the resolution of relevant incidents and service requests.
- Escalation point for 2nd line administrators for the resolution of Incidents and Problems.
- Prioritisation of Incident responses to ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with contractually agreed service levels and KPIs.
- Support Windows workstation and Windows Server configurations and rollouts of system baseline updates and security patches.
- Investigate and resolve problems relating to storage access and software services.
- Investigate and support the resolution of security issues relating to Active Directory and GPOs.
- Support the VMWare virtualised environment.
- Manage and support storage subsystems (primarily NetApp and Dell)
- Provide Systems Engineering support to new Service Delivery programmes and transition activities (e.g. system upgrades/replacements, new capability projects, change requests etc.).
- Maintain system and process documentation in accordance with an ITIL environment.
- Provide technical liaison between GIS and other COTS software vendors and MoD customers.
- Liaise with 1st , 2nd , and 4th line, transition and design as required
- Provide input to configuration, safety and quality management as appropriate
- Active Directory administration.
- Maintaining Operating System configuration files and tuneable parameters.
- Installing upgrades, patches and builds for bespoke and/or COTS software.
- Management of Redhat Enterprise Linux servers
- Provide GIS application support and resolution for system problems or defects.
- Integration of the COTS software applications.
- Support to remote sites as required
- Participation in 24x7 on-call system if necessary
- Knowledge and experience of Windows system administration using Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2 and Windows 7 workstations.
- Good experience with Linux
- Experience of administering GIS Server/Desktop solutions (e.g. ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS), Network Attached Storage – NetApp, virtualised server farms – vSphere, VMWare, ESXi etc.
- Experience with maintaining backup software.
- Proven track record in providing effective second and third line IT support to users and peers.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects for securing systems.
- Experience with Security clamping software such as Lumension.
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge of problem analysis and resolution.
- Experience of working in a ITIL Service Operations environment.
- Experience of supporting Windows Exchange environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An enthusiast approach to delivering quality IT support.
- Willingness to be mobile and travel between customer sites within the UK.
- Current MoD SC or DV security clearance
- Microsoft certified engineer; MCP, MCITP or MCSE.
- Prior experience working with Metadata models such as AIXM, MGMP, DMF, ISO19115.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft SCCM for the preparation and deployment of workstation images and software packages.
- Degree or equivalent in IT or Engineering discipline.
- Experience of administering Cisco networks.
- Experience of administering databases – SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience of working within an MoD security clamped environment.
- Experience of Systems Engineering with full lifecycle coverage.
- Knowledge of MOD Practices and Procedures.
- Good understanding of IT architectures for a classified environment.
- Technical liaison experience with vendors.
- ITIL Foundation Qualification.
- ITIL Intermediate Qualification(s).
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: