You can save this job and apply at a later date.
IT Technical Consultant
IT TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
We’re looking for our client a creative problem solver - part engineer, part technology evangelist - to come up with imaginative solutions to their clients problems.
You’ll be highly experienced in managing IT infrastructures. You’ll also be super-friendly, helpful, and able to quickly build strong relationships with clients.
You’ll work with your assigned vCIO to scrutinise your clients’ IT environments to bring to our best practice standards as well as to devise solutions to their developing business needs.
You’ll become a de-facto Network Administrator and trusted advisor to your assigned clients, finding ways to implement innovative ways to drive efficiency and drive down the need for reactive support.
You’ll have intimate knowledge of your clients’ infrastructure, the way in which their business works as well as the services they utilise from us.
Onsite client alignment sessions will be had at your client’s site from time to time where you’ll apply standardisation through best practices, identify technical risk, produce and update documentation relating to the infrastructure as well as educate your clients team on how to effectively utilise the helpdesk.
You’ll work closely with the support team to understand the types of tickets being raised, identify reoffending issues, integrate permanent solutions as well as being an escalation point for any tickets relating to your client that are either sensitive or challenging to resolve.
If all of this sounds like you, get in touch because you sound like their sort of person!
This role would suit a person who currently works or is looking for a role as Network Administrator, System Administrator, Network Manager, Technology Alignment Manager or 3rd Line IT Support.
- Strong experience having worked on a Service Desk as 2nd/3rd line support;
- Core networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SAN & technologies, etc);
- Strong experience with Microsoft’s Client Operating Systems, primarily Windows 7/8.1/10 as well as key desktop applications such as Microsoft’s Office suite;
- Vast experience of configuring and maintaining Windows server environments including Microsoft’s Exchange, SQL, RDS and IIS;
- Knowledge of working with virtualised environments;
- A good practical understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP;
- Office 365 Administration;
- Understanding of cloud computing services such as Microsoft Azure;
- Knowledge of VoIP systems administration;
- A passion for customer service with a need to exceed the customer’s expectations every time;
- A hunger to get involved with innovating and developing our products and services;
- A drive to learn and develop technical services;
- A full UK driving license.
As a Technical Consultant it’s desirable you have:
- Experience with managing Apple devices specifically iOS and OSX;
- Dabbled with Linux environments
While working at as a Technical Consultant for our client you can expect the following benefits:
- Great starting salary up to £35,000;
- Opportunities to progress are readily available to those who continue to excel and develop;
- Opportunity and encouragement to build your skills and career within the IT industry;
- Ongoing training and development in a supportive and dynamic environment;
- Dedicated self-development days to improve on your knowledge set;
- Use of company pool vehicle for day to day activities;
- Get involved with their monthly company curry evenings as well as quarterly events;
- 28 days of vacation including bank holidays;
- You get your birthday off as additional holiday;
- Workplace pension;
- Free onsite parking.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Storm Recruitment (Swindon)
The job: has been sent to: